Author Topic: Breva foot peg lowering kit by Wild Hair  (Read 3463 times)

Offline flower_king001

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 944
  • Location: South/Middle/TN
Breva foot peg lowering kit by Wild Hair
« on: October 18, 2016, 08:44:12 PM »
Hi,

 Anyone have any experience using this foot peg lowering kit?

http://www.whaccessories.com/Foot-Peg-Lowering-Kit-KTM-Moto-Guzzi.htm

Same that MI is selling or?

Thanks, Brian
Current Fleet

1971 BMW R90/5
1986 Moto Guzzi Lemans IV 1000
1998 Moto Guzzi 1100 EV
2005 BMW 1200 RT
2007 BMW 1200 GS
2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100

Offline flip

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1397
  • Aprilia Caponord 1200, Aprilia Shiver, gone MG B11
Re: Breva foot peg lowering kit by Wild Hair
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2016, 10:47:40 PM »
I have an MI kit on a shelf somewhere around here. They surely look the same, as do the MFW kits.
North Carolina

Offline ohiorider

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 8088
  • "You can't fight in here - this is the War Room."
Re: Breva foot peg lowering kit by Wild Hair
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2016, 04:12:33 AM »
I believe these were MFW that I had installed on my Griso.  Have a similar set on my 1200 Sport that I purchased from Zoom Zoom (forum member) in 2010.  I think the ones I sold with the Griso had 30mm 'arms' and the ones on the Sport are slightly shorter.

I didn't install them for maximum seat to peg distance, but to locate the pegs slightly lower and forward.  Maybe this pic shows that.


Bob



« Last Edit: October 19, 2016, 04:13:25 AM by ohiorider »
Main ride:  2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport (sold July 2020)
2012 Griso 8v SE (sold Sept '15)
Reliable standby: 1991 BMW R100GS
2014 Honda CB1100 (Traded Nov 2019)
New:  2016 Triumph T120 (Traded Dec 2021)
New:  2021 Kawasaki W800

Offline flower_king001

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 944
  • Location: South/Middle/TN
Re: Breva foot peg lowering kit by Wild Hair
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2016, 09:21:14 AM »
I have an MI kit on a shelf somewhere around here. They surely look the same, as do the MFW kits.

Would you be interested in parting with them?
Current Fleet

1971 BMW R90/5
1986 Moto Guzzi Lemans IV 1000
1998 Moto Guzzi 1100 EV
2005 BMW 1200 RT
2007 BMW 1200 GS
2007 Moto Guzzi Breva 1100

Online bad Chad

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 10057
  • Location: Central Il
Re: Breva foot peg lowering kit by Wild Hair
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2016, 02:55:24 PM »
Another option is to have your seat raised an inch or two.   I actually did both, put lower Buell pegs, and raised the seat 1.5"  works very well on my knees!
2025 V85TT
1988 YX600 Radian
2016 CSC 250TT

Offline flip

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1397
  • Aprilia Caponord 1200, Aprilia Shiver, gone MG B11
Re: Breva foot peg lowering kit by Wild Hair
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2016, 02:55:56 PM »
Would you be interested in parting with them?

I'm gonna hold on to them for a bit. I may see if I can use them to raise the passenger pegs up and back for my short wife.
North Carolina

Offline flip

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1397
  • Aprilia Caponord 1200, Aprilia Shiver, gone MG B11
Re: Breva foot peg lowering kit by Wild Hair
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2016, 02:57:39 PM »
Do a search on Goldwing or GL1800 pegs. They may work for you.
North Carolina

Offline tris

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 2898
  • Location: United Kingdom
Re: Breva foot peg lowering kit by Wild Hair
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2016, 03:21:19 PM »
 :1 an easy fix.

Once the Mana bars and 1200 Sport risers get here later this week I should have it sorted  :thumb:
2017 V9 Roamer
2005 Breva 1100 (non ABS) "Bruno" - now sold
1995 Cali 1100 - carby   "Dino" -now sold
1993 TW125 "POS" - Resting

Online bad Chad

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 10057
  • Location: Central Il
Re: Breva foot peg lowering kit by Wild Hair
« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2016, 04:16:17 PM »
Moto International has a nice set too.
2025 V85TT
1988 YX600 Radian
2016 CSC 250TT

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here