Author Topic: Any Recent ECU Map Updates for CARC bikes?  (Read 3622 times)

Bonaventure

  • Guest
Any Recent ECU Map Updates for CARC bikes?
« on: August 05, 2017, 09:34:03 AM »
My new Stelvio won't be picked up for transport until probably mid to later this coming week.  Is there an ECU engine map update since model yr 2016 that I should call the dealership and request a Tech flash in the update if so?

 

Offline Xlratr

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 858
  • (ex) Stelvio NTX, '78 Honda 750F2, '97 FXDWG
  • Location: near Hamburg, Germany
Re: Any Recent ECU Map Updates for CARC bikes?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 09:40:20 AM »
There have been no factory map changes at all on the 2 Lambda Stelvios.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John

I ain't too young to realize, that I ain't too old to try ...

Offline guzzisteve

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 13017
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: Any Recent ECU Map Updates for CARC bikes?
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2017, 09:50:45 AM »
Unless you know Xlratr or Beetle.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"
Location: Planet Earth

Bonaventure

  • Guest
Re: Any Recent ECU Map Updates for CARC bikes?
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2017, 10:43:51 AM »
Unless you know Xlratr or Beetle.

I don't know the meaning of this.  Have Xlratr and Beetle developed a tuned ECU map for the 1200 CARC's that one can flash on his own with a laptop, GuzziDiag, and proper cable?   

Offline lorazepam

  • Gaggle Mentor
  • ****
  • Posts: 379
  • Almost ready for suspenders
  • Location: SW Wisconsin, 20 minutes from Lake Joy.
Re: Any Recent ECU Map Updates for CARC bikes?
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2017, 10:56:18 AM »
I don't know the meaning of this.  Have Xlratr and Beetle developed a tuned ECU map for the 1200 CARC's that one can flash on his own with a laptop, GuzziDiag, and proper cable?

Sounds like you have the meaning down just fine. Griso.org is where you will find maps.

Offline guzzisteve

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 13017
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: Any Recent ECU Map Updates for CARC bikes?
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2017, 11:09:10 AM »
I don't know the meaning of this.  Have Xlratr and Beetle developed a tuned ECU map for the 1200 CARC's that one can flash on his own with a laptop, GuzziDiag, and proper cable?   

Yes, nice 2O2 Stelvio map and Beetle has some nice ones too. Bikes I put them in usually have a pipe, so I need something.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"
Location: Planet Earth

Bonaventure

  • Guest
Re: Any Recent ECU Map Updates for CARC bikes?
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2017, 11:54:24 AM »
Yes, nice 2O2 Stelvio map and Beetle has some nice ones too. Bikes I put them in usually have a pipe, so I need something.

So the ECU tunes are mainly for if you've replaced the factory silencer/cat with an after market slip-on?

Offline Xlratr

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 858
  • (ex) Stelvio NTX, '78 Honda 750F2, '97 FXDWG
  • Location: near Hamburg, Germany
Re: Any Recent ECU Map Updates for CARC bikes?
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2017, 12:22:40 PM »
So the ECU tunes are mainly for if you've replaced the factory silencer/cat with an after market slip-on?

A re-map can help improve the riding experience and power delivery in multiple ways, whether you use the standard or aftermarket exhaust. I would say give your Stelvio a try in stock trim first and see what you think. You then have a basis for comparison. If you then want to try a different map it's very easy using the cables and Guzzidiag as you mentioned.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
John

I ain't too young to realize, that I ain't too old to try ...

Bonaventure

  • Guest
Re: Any Recent ECU Map Updates for CARC bikes?
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2017, 12:47:33 PM »
A re-map can help improve the riding experience and power delivery in multiple ways, whether you use the standard or aftermarket exhaust. I would say give your Stelvio a try in stock trim first and see what you think. You then have a basis for comparison. If you then want to try a different map it's very easy using the cables and Guzzidiag as you mentioned.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Thank you !!  :smiley:

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here