Author Topic: No Guzzis in Italy....  (Read 5231 times)

Offline Tom

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28878
Re: No Guzzis in Italy....
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 03:55:27 PM »
They sure do but we get the ones with more money to spend.   :shocked: :grin: 
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉 Hawaii.

Offline Twoleftfeet

  • New Egg
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Location: Cambridgeshire UK
Re: No Guzzis in Italy....
« Reply #31 on: April 10, 2018, 12:41:03 AM »
I'd advise a couple of hours in Pisa, enough to see the obvious tourist sites, and the rest of any available free time in Lucca.   A friend lives in Viareggio and taught me his well choreographed routine along those lines for use when showing others around.  (I've subsequently been through the area with groups a couple of times)
I was considering renting a bicycle in Pisa and cycling to Viareggio but unsure how safe it would be on the roads, I've used a bicycle around parts of lake Garda and it was nice and relaxing. as for Chinese tourist, here in Cambridge the pavements are narrow and they are many, enough said!
2020 V85TT Travel
2011 Cali Vintage
1963 Stornello 125
1949 Norton International
1960 Velocette Venom
1953 Velocette MAC
1972 Norton Commando 750

Offline cee2cee

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 90
Re: No Guzzis in Italy....
« Reply #32 on: April 10, 2018, 01:04:16 AM »
I was considering renting a bicycle in Pisa and cycling to Viareggio but unsure how safe it would be on the roads, I've used a bicycle around parts of lake Garda and it was nice and relaxing. as for Chinese tourist, here in Cambridge the pavements are narrow and they are many, enough said!

I biked all over that area; the drivers are pretty used to bikers and give a wide berth when able.  Just watch the bends as they do have a tendency to cut the corners.  I would plan my route using Google maps and follow the 'walking' route and set the options to avoid tolls and highways or use the below bike app- BikeMap.  With that said, the route to Viareggio from Pisa is pretty straight and uninteresting.  It might be better to take the train to Viareggio [you can take a bike on the train] then ride around Viareggio or if you don't have a bike, rent one when there.

https://www.bikemap.net/en/routeplanner/#/z12/43.7922869,10.3269768/terrain/plan:de21a90775ab39f1b47 a108e58018363
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 01:23:01 AM by cee2cee »

Offline F-22

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 125
  • Location: Slovenia
Re: No Guzzis in Italy....
« Reply #33 on: April 10, 2018, 02:16:18 AM »
I live in Slovenia, next to Italy. There is of course lots of Guzzis in italy, but not many new ones, and not many are still on the road. Many Italian bikes somehow lost their documents through the years, and it is nearly impossible to register them afterwards. Italian swap meets (Mostra Scambio) are awesome and definitely worth visiting  if you have the chance (my favourite is Mostra Scambio Imola in September, it is on the racetrack. And just this weekend was one in Reggio Emilia, where I bought myself a 71' V7 Special).

But surprisingly, most popular ones are the small V35 models. I think they get huge insurance discounts for 350 bikes, so they were really popular there (and so there were 350 Laverdas, Ducati Pantahs, Guzzis,... I think only Morini was really designed to be a 350, and so performs better than the others).
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 02:18:35 AM by F-22 »

Offline perter

  • SP1000 owner since Aug 2015
  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 85
  • Location: Denmark
Re: No Guzzis in Italy....
« Reply #34 on: April 10, 2018, 07:00:22 AM »
I've been travelling frequently to Veneto region (Venezia) and it's the same picture I see: a LOT of scooters (with nice ladies in short skirts), both 2strokers but also big 4 stroke machines close to a real motorcycle, small Motads and remarkably many Harley Sportsters + Ducatis of cours. Not a lot of Guzzis though I saw a very nice T3 in Padua last summer.

One of my colleagues friends i a test driver for Ducati... I always joke with him why he's working for our company with such contacts. But he's a friendly guy and even appreciate Guzzi's... at least mine

Offline JJ

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 20003
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
  • Location: Village of Oak Creek, Arizona
Re: No Guzzis in Italy....
« Reply #35 on: April 10, 2018, 09:18:21 AM »
I took this photo of the French motor-cops (on BMW's), in 2004 while traveling through France.  I tried to speak with them about how they like their Beemers, but they just blew me off....(Snotty French...imagine that!!)  :laugh: :grin: :wink:
As I recall, I did not see many Guzzi's in France either...





However, in 2012 in Ireland, I did run into a Guzzi rider in the countryside near one of the many castles! :cool: :thumb:





« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 03:15:08 PM by JJ »
Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG,
Village of Oak Creek, Arizona
Current bike: 2025 Moto Morini Calibro 700
Previous Guzzi's owned:
* '78 850 Le Mans
* '02 V11 Le Mans
* '93 SP1000-III
* '83 850 Le Mans III
* '98 V10 Centauro GT

Offline Tom

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28878
Re: No Guzzis in Italy....
« Reply #36 on: April 10, 2018, 03:00:31 PM »
I saw more Guzzis at the look out at Stelvio than anywhere else not counting the dealers.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉 Hawaii.

Offline JJ

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 20003
  • Life is meant to ENJOY...not "endure."
  • Location: Village of Oak Creek, Arizona
Re: No Guzzis in Italy....
« Reply #37 on: April 11, 2018, 12:26:33 PM »
I saw more Guzzis at the look out at Stelvio than anywhere else not counting the dealers.

I can fully understand why.... :wink: :cool: :thumb:



Life Member: MGNOC L-772, AMA, HOG,
Village of Oak Creek, Arizona
Current bike: 2025 Moto Morini Calibro 700
Previous Guzzi's owned:
* '78 850 Le Mans
* '02 V11 Le Mans
* '93 SP1000-III
* '83 850 Le Mans III
* '98 V10 Centauro GT

Offline Tom

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28878
Re: No Guzzis in Italy....
« Reply #38 on: April 11, 2018, 12:39:47 PM »
Good meeting ground for seeing some old friends. :thumb:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉 Hawaii.

Offline Tusayan

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1904
Re: No Guzzis in Italy....
« Reply #39 on: April 11, 2018, 01:06:47 PM »
Moto Guzzis back yard is a beautiful place to ride.  On weekends Bernina Pass is a good choice to ride from Tirano-Mals (and actually a more fun ride than Stelvio) because Stelvio tends to become a very hazardous procession of closely spaced bikes.  You'd likely see Guzzis on either.  :thumb:
« Last Edit: April 11, 2018, 01:07:01 PM by Tusayan »

Offline Tom

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28878
Re: No Guzzis in Italy....
« Reply #40 on: April 11, 2018, 01:34:05 PM »
Have to agree on the road being busy.  I like Bernina too.  There are a couple of smaller passes that fun to ride forgot the names.  Gotta break out the map.  :tongue:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉 Hawaii.

Offline Twoleftfeet

  • New Egg
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 6
  • Location: Cambridgeshire UK
Re: No Guzzis in Italy....
« Reply #41 on: April 11, 2018, 02:28:50 PM »
Have to agree on the road being busy.  I like Bernina too.  There are a couple of smaller passes that fun to ride forgot the names.  Gotta break out the map.  :tongue:
I can recommend the Simplon pass a high mountain pass out of Switzerland on route 9 down to Domodossola in Italy, best ridden in September when the weather is kind and the views take you breath away. who would want to drive it when it can be ridden, because nature made it for motorcycles.
2020 V85TT Travel
2011 Cali Vintage
1963 Stornello 125
1949 Norton International
1960 Velocette Venom
1953 Velocette MAC
1972 Norton Commando 750

Offline pebra

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 2148
  • Location: near Oslo
Re: No Guzzis in Italy....
« Reply #42 on: April 11, 2018, 04:16:32 PM »
Of course there are Guzzis in Italy!
I spent a week in Alghero some years ago, and spotted three!
These three:
This smallblock:


This beauty:


And this daily rider:


This is what I'd like to have on the front fender on my bikes:
Guzzi HTMoto Roadster "Verdina"
2009 Griso 8V "Weißgerät"
Norge-man - introduction #ca 198 shown Guzzi #195


NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here
 


NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here