Author Topic: Can we at least get a state?  (Read 6493 times)

Offline rss29

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 195
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #30 on: April 08, 2018, 12:59:34 PM »
I use Tapatalk exclusively for forums that support it, so I never see any user profiles

oldbike54

  • Guest
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #31 on: April 08, 2018, 01:01:27 PM »
Dave

Galveston Island near Texas.

 Are you guys floating farther away ? :shocked:

 Dusty

Offline Nic in Western NYS

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Location: Livingston County
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #32 on: April 08, 2018, 01:10:26 PM »
Yay Livingston County NYS.  Lima to be precise.
'04 Ducati ST4sABS
Fondly remembered Geese: LeMans V, Sport 1100, Centauro, Breva 1100

Offline davedel44

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1445
  • Location: Galveston Island, near the coast of Texas
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #33 on: April 08, 2018, 01:30:36 PM »
Yay Livingston County NYS.  Lima to be precise.

The causeway tethers us in place.

D
Bambino- 2013 V7 Stone

Online bad Chad

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 10057
  • Location: Central Il
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #34 on: April 08, 2018, 01:46:19 PM »
I on board with putting at least your very general location in your profile.   I very much like knowing what part of the world are in when conversing.  I can't see how stating what country/state/province you hang your hat can be any more threat, than being on the internet in the first place.  If your on the net, using forums, and someone really wants to find you, they will regardless of what you want.
2025 V85TT
1988 YX600 Radian
2016 CSC 250TT

Offline Kiwi_Roy

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 10231
  • Location: New Westminster British Columbia, Canada
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #35 on: April 08, 2018, 02:24:35 PM »
New Westminster BC on the Penitentiary reserve just behind the main entrance.

It's true
17 V7III Special
76 Convert

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since 1921

Lcarlson

  • Guest
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #36 on: April 08, 2018, 02:26:15 PM »
I don�t really understand where all the anxiety about location is coming from. For all my life, it has been the common practice to provide one�s street address in the local phone directory.

Offline yogidozer

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2920
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #37 on: April 08, 2018, 02:36:00 PM »
I don�t really understand where all the anxiety about location is coming from. For all my life, it has been the common practice to provide one�s street address in the local phone directory.
people used to leave their doors unlocked too  :rolleyes:

Offline yogidozer

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2920
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2018, 02:39:51 PM »
Wouldn't it be easier to say, something in a post like "Hey, I'm stuck on the Kancamagus Highway, can you help?" or would that be too easy?

Offline Yukonica

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1096
    • Borealbreeze Bernese Mountain Dogs
  • Location: Yukon Territory, Canada
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #39 on: April 08, 2018, 02:46:05 PM »
people used to leave their doors unlocked too  :rolleyes:

Some of us still can.
 :grin:
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.

Offline yogidozer

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2920
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #40 on: April 08, 2018, 02:51:33 PM »
Some of us still can.
 :grin:
yeah, I can too. If you are lucky enough to get past the 3 dogs, I have a little something to wake up the neighbors with.
And the neighbors live pretty far away  :wink:

make that two dogs. the third senior boy will just watch the other two prepare supper  :laugh:
« Last Edit: April 08, 2018, 02:56:33 PM by yogidozer »

Lcarlson

  • Guest
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #41 on: April 08, 2018, 02:55:41 PM »
Some of us still can.
 :grin:

And most of us still have our address in the phone book. Frankly, my interest in having some locational frame of reference is that it makes many of the posts more interesting. When somebody posts �a foot of snow coming our way tonight� with no locational reference, all I can think is, why did you bother to take up this bandwidth?

Offline yogidozer

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2920
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #42 on: April 08, 2018, 02:58:43 PM »
And most of us still have our address in the phone book. Frankly, my interest in having some locational frame of reference is that it makes many of the posts more interesting. When somebody posts �a foot of snow coming our way tonight� with no locational reference, all I can think is, why did you bother to take up this bandwidth?

weather sites are everywhere.
By any chance did your father do excavating? Could be same name, different family

Lcarlson

  • Guest
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #43 on: April 08, 2018, 03:09:36 PM »
weather sites are everywhere.
By any chance did your father do excavating? Could be same name, different family

My example wasn’t really about obtaining weather forecasts.

Offline yogidozer

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2920
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #44 on: April 08, 2018, 03:20:44 PM »
My example wasn�t really about obtaining weather forecasts.
OK, when you said snow, I thought you were referring to the weather type  :huh:

Offline yogidozer

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2920
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #45 on: April 08, 2018, 03:30:23 PM »
How about this idea. You want to put your state, street, favorite color, go right ahead. Just checked, there is no rule stating you cannot.

Offline radguzzi

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 7351
  • N 44° 01.233 W 069° 41.267 ~ Midcoast, Maine USA
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #46 on: April 08, 2018, 04:05:48 PM »
I on board with putting at least your very general location in your profile.   I very much like knowing what part of the world are in when conversing.  I can't see how stating what country/state/province you hang your hat can be any more threat, than being on the internet in the first place.  If your on the net, using forums, and someone really wants to find you, they will regardless of what you want.

N 44° 01.233 W 069° 41.267

How's that...?

 :grin:

08 Norge 1200 GT
04 EVT
01 V11 Sport
'99 EV Hack
'76 V1000 'Vert
'86 LeMans 1000
'80 SP 1000 Two (2) actually
2013 Harley FLHTC
'75 Triumph T160 Trident
'78 Triumph T140V Bonneville
'76 Honda CB550 Four
'88 Honda Hawk GT
'84 RZ350 KR
'71 Dalesman Trials

'68 VW
'73 MGB

The Journey is the Reward

Online willowstreetguzziguy

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1302
  • Location: Lancaster, PA
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #47 on: April 08, 2018, 04:11:01 PM »
What you're asking for is the BMWMOA "Anonymous" Book.  Oops, sorry ..... wrong brand!  I travel with my latest copy of the book whether I'm on Beemer, Guzzi, or whatever.  Only needed it once.

Bob

Me too!!!
2008 Guzzi 1200 Sport 
1993 BMW K75S Pearl White (sold)
"Going somewhere isn't why you ride, riding is why you go!"    Moto Guzzi... because the only person I have to impress is me.

Rough Edge racing

  • Guest
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #48 on: April 08, 2018, 04:19:18 PM »
Yay Livingston County NYS.  Lima to be precise.

  Marion in Wayne country....Close enough to met halfway, Clifton Springs? sometime and talk Italian bikes.....That's if the glacier recedes this year...

Offline lorazepam

  • Gaggle Mentor
  • ****
  • Posts: 379
  • Almost ready for suspenders
  • Location: SW Wisconsin, 20 minutes from Lake Joy.
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #49 on: April 08, 2018, 06:47:02 PM »
Ok, changed mine. Been out of the saddle for a few months, and have a new location.

Offline Nic in Western NYS

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1521
  • Location: Livingston County
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #50 on: April 08, 2018, 08:05:41 PM »
  Marion in Wayne country....Close enough to met halfway, Clifton Springs? sometime and talk Italian bikes.....That's if the glacier recedes this year...
Sounds good - my bike is currently dribbling some coolant, so I'll need to find the cause of that and remedy before hitting the road this season!
'04 Ducati ST4sABS
Fondly remembered Geese: LeMans V, Sport 1100, Centauro, Breva 1100

Offline kballowe

  • - Kevin the Great -
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3104
  • Location: Villa Ridge, Missouri
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #51 on: April 10, 2018, 09:59:10 AM »
Most of the time, I'm in Villa Ridge, Missouri.

Nobody knows where that is, so I'm safe enough.

Besides, this is Missouri, and I'm rural.  No worries

Offline Muzz

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 7085
  • On the backside of the planet.
  • Location: Christchurch, New Zealand
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #52 on: April 10, 2018, 03:49:18 PM »
A good point. I have no problem with location. It was in my signature but not in my avatar. Fixed now.

There used to be a location map on a previous iteration of WG but not now. Used to be interesting to view. Some clown :rolleyes: used to live in the middle of Antarctica. :grin:
Muzz. Cristchurch, New Zealand
03 Breva

Life is just a bowl of Allbran
Ya wake up in the morning and it's there

Offline Toecutter

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1042
Re: Can we at least get a state?
« Reply #53 on: April 10, 2018, 03:55:16 PM »
 I live in a country with less folks than most states. There's probably more Guzzis in Los Angeles than there are in Canada, hell, there's probably more Guzzis at your local dealer than there are in my entire province. I'd be damn surprised if any of you ever come close to passing by my home, but if you're ever riding through the middle of nowhere and wonder if there's any Guzzi owners around... mention it here.

Quote
I don�t really understand where all the anxiety about location is coming from. For all my life, it has been the common practice to provide one�s street address in the local phone directory.

I've been unlisted since I was a young man. I like it that way. You're free to share all the info you want... yeah, I suppose if someone wants it bad enough, they'll find it, but why make it easier?
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 03:57:40 PM by Toecutter »
Old enough to say I've done it, young enough to do it again.

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here