Author Topic: (NGC) - Mennonite auction  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
(NGC) - Mennonite auction
« on: April 12, 2018, 01:21:30 PM »
Every year there is a huge auction at the state fair grounds of made and donated items. The auction brings in around a 1/2 million dollars. Amounced many other items they also auction off antique tractors and other vehicles. One of the gems this year is a 1968 Ford F-150. Always garaged and only 39,000 miles on it.
https://kansas.mccsale.org/
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
Re: (NGC) - Mennonite auction
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2018, 01:26:38 PM »
If I didn’t despise the drive from Springfield to Wichita so much I’d go to that.
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2018, 01:31:51 PM »
From Guzzistajohn:
If I didn�t despise the drive from Springfield to Wichita so much I�d go to that.
Hey, your good the auction is in Hutchinson. :grin:
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 02:11:22 PM »
The quilts are another big thing. There will be 100s of the them. Depending upon size and looks they will bring between $250-$5,000. This one is 69x72 inches made by one of the women in our church.

GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2018, 02:11:22 PM »

oldbike54

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2018, 03:06:14 PM »
  :thumb: :bow:

Dusty

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2018, 03:16:04 PM »
On the Honda Helix. "GREAT for running errands around town or for lots of fun for the Grand kids." at 75mph.  :shocked: Some nice cars in there too.  S10 Chevy pu & Grand Marquis.  I like cars that have a trunk big enough for bodies.   :grin:
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline Zoom Zoom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2018, 08:48:35 AM »
That six in the Ford truck will probably run forever. The 240 was a good engine. Also noticed it must be a floor shift. Usually were a three on the tree.

John Henry

Offline screamday

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2018, 10:26:36 AM »
That six in the Ford truck will probably run forever. The 240 was a good engine. Also noticed it must be a floor shift. Usually were a three on the tree.

John Henry

I had a 300 straight six in two full size Fords. Both had hundreds of thousands of miles on them and showed no sign of wearing out when I sold them. Those were just great tractor motors.
Tony in SC
"Comfort the disturbed and Disturb the comfortable"
1988 R100RS
1998 V11 EV

Online John A

• Gaggle Hero
  • No way to slow down...
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2018, 11:38:55 AM »
My mother who came from Lancaster, PA told me there were two types of Mennonites. Black bumper and team Mennonites. the black bumper believed it was ok to use power equipment but not flashy stuff so they painted the chrome bumpers with stove black. the team Mennonites used horse teams. I wonder if its still that way, there are all levels of beliefs I suppose.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2018, 03:57:25 PM by John A »
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline Gliderjohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2018, 12:25:59 PM »
From John A:
My mother who came from Lancaster, PA told me there were two types of Mennonites. Black bumper and team Mennonites. the black bumper believed it was ok to use power equipment but not flashy stuff so the painted the chrome bumpers with stove black. the team Mennonites used horse teams. I wonder if its still that way, there are all levels of beliefs I suppose.

There are quite a few different Mennonite sects ranging from quite conservative quite progressive. Generally only the Amish use horses and Amish are not Mennonite. They split of from the Mennonites in 1693 in Switzerland.
GliderJohn
John Peters
East Mountains, NM

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2018, 12:42:31 PM »
Amish can smoke cigarettes, drink coffee, drive cars and eat donuts.  :grin:  Or......at least the one I saw going to work. It was down the street from Zoom Zoom's place.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉

Offline cloudbase

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2018, 01:40:45 PM »
  I like cars that have a trunk big enough for bodies. 

Nobody sneaks into the drive-ins any more.

Online Tom

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #12 on: April 13, 2018, 02:51:54 PM »
 :grin: :grin:  Nah.....I used my van for that plus a chilled keg about 12 plus stuff for sandwiches.  The old drive in theater near I10 in Chandler.  They showed x-rated movies.  I parked in the front row.  Great party.  The guy at the entrance didn't care 'cuz we gave him 2 qts. of beer for after work.  :grin:

Offline Guzzistajohn

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2018, 03:56:46 PM »
I had to explain continuity in an electrical circuit to an Amish gentleman one time when I was repairing home medical equipment. Interesting conversation.
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here