Author Topic: Jackal accessory question  (Read 3781 times)

Offline kingoffleece

  • SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4627
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
  • Location: Valley of the Sun
Jackal accessory question
« on: June 24, 2018, 08:32:00 AM »
I use a solo seat on my 2001 Jackal.  I'd like to add a rack where the passenger seat would go.  Searching around the web I only found racks that would install behind the pillion, which would be way too far rearward.

Anybody able to point me in the right direction (for the rack, wise guys!)
Thx
KoF
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline Guzzistajohn

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 12578
  • Location: Missouri Ozarks
Re: Jackal accessory question
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2018, 08:36:39 AM »
I'd have one made the way I want it.
ебать Россию!   Not anti social-pro solitude

Online Chuck in Indiana

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 29699
Re: Jackal accessory question
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2018, 08:44:33 AM »
There used to be a factory rack, but I think it's NLA. Harper's is generally a good source for that kind of stuff, or Eish.. I'll rummage around and see if I have a picture.
Edit:
Ah, here ya go..
IMG_5475 by Charles Stottlemyer, on Flickr
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 08:45:57 AM by Chuck in Indiana »
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal
 
87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
26 Triumph trident 800
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it."

Mike Tyson

Offline kidsmoke

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1560
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
  • Location: Indiana, USA
Re: Jackal accessory question
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2018, 10:41:18 AM »
Chuck, have you kept up with this bike? Do you know what became of it?

as to the rack, I love that rack, have seen it in use on a bunch of bikes but have never seen one come available.
'79 G5      (Gina)
'93 1000S (Monica)
'00 Jackal  (Claudia)
'09 GRiSO  (Perla)

Online Chuck in Indiana

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 29699
Re: Jackal accessory question
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2018, 11:01:02 AM »
Chuck, have you kept up with this bike? Do you know what became of it?

as to the rack, I love that rack, have seen it in use on a bunch of bikes but have never seen one come available.

It went to Tennessee, then one day Brad and I were out riding, and saw it coming the other way in Wisconsin.  :smiley: That's the only time I've seen it since. The last time I knew, it was in Pennsylvania.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal
 
87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
26 Triumph trident 800
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it."

Mike Tyson

Offline NC Steve

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3198
  • Location: Winston Salem, NC
Re: Jackal accessory question
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2018, 11:56:51 AM »
I use a solo seat on my 2001 Jackal.  I'd like to add a rack where the passenger seat would go.  Searching around the web I only found racks that would install behind the pillion, which would be way too far rearward.

Anybody able to point me in the right direction (for the rack, wise guys!)
Thx
KoF

I know exactly what you're talking about, but can't find a decent picture of the rack anywhere.
Contact John Fish, here or on Facebook; he has the very same rack on his solo seated Jackal.
'16 Triumph T100
Past:
'19 RE Himalayan
'07 Honda ST1300
'00 Jackal,'89 Mille GT,'03 Cali Stone
4 Airheads, '88 K75,'99 BMW R1100R
___________________ ___________
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Mark Twain

Offline Jimijoe

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 38
  • Location: San diego

Offline NC Steve

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3198
  • Location: Winston Salem, NC
Re: Jackal accessory question
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2018, 02:36:26 PM »
Those curved racks look great, but the one I'm thinking of is flat though, more functional, and can handle a duffle or tail bag being strapped on. I'm pretty sure MG Cycle sold them at one point.






« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 02:37:42 PM by NC Steve »
'16 Triumph T100
Past:
'19 RE Himalayan
'07 Honda ST1300
'00 Jackal,'89 Mille GT,'03 Cali Stone
4 Airheads, '88 K75,'99 BMW R1100R
___________________ ___________
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Mark Twain

Offline kingoffleece

  • SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4627
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
  • Location: Valley of the Sun
Re: Jackal accessory question
« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2018, 05:47:10 PM »
Chuck,
That's the ticket.  Gotta find one.
The J and P are all HD spaced.  That may be the way I have to go but I'd like to not drill the fender.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline Matteo

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 2014
  • Make me an offer I can't refuse!
    • https://squareup.com/store/doubleshovelciderco
  • Location: Hudson Valley
Re: Jackal accessory question
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2018, 05:56:31 PM »
If you find one don't force it on, they are notorious for cracks. Do your best to make it fit with out spreading its mounts.
66 Stornello Scrambler,77 Lemans,16 V7II,21 V85TT Centenario
Gone to new homes: 84 LM3, 82 1000SP, 00 V11Sport, 84 V50III, 84V65, 00 Jackal, 07 Norge, 80 CX100

Offline kidsmoke

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1560
  • It's never too late to be what you might have been
  • Location: Indiana, USA
Re: Jackal accessory question
« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2018, 02:16:07 PM »
Hey KofF...curious to see what solo your using.
'79 G5      (Gina)
'93 1000S (Monica)
'00 Jackal  (Claudia)
'09 GRiSO  (Perla)

Offline wavedog

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 859
Re: Jackal accessory question
« Reply #11 on: August 21, 2018, 03:56:05 PM »
The rack that is on Chuck's side car rig is the one that I looked for for a long time and could not find. I did not want a fender mounted rack as it would be weight limited. So I had an old rack that I got in trade and cut off the mounts, fashioned some new mounts to fit where the pax seat attached on my Jackal, got out the old harbor freight welder, hit it with a can of spray paint and voila! It is stout, carries the needed weight and is so ugly you couldn't pay someone to steal it. However, I am sure it is not what you are looking for.

Offline Curtis Harper

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 1342
    • Harpers Moto Guzzi
Re: Jackal accessory question
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2018, 03:32:18 PM »
I have this one that the tab is broke off one shock mount. Give me a call for details.



More Moto Guzzi parts than anywhere.
www.harpermoto.com
1-816-697-3411
curtis@harpermotocom

Offline kingoffleece

  • SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4627
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
  • Location: Valley of the Sun
Re: Jackal accessory question
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2018, 07:47:26 PM »
I found one.
THX all.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.


NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here
 

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here