For the last few hours of 2019 working in the shop, I started work on the parts I need to mount the turn signals. The rear brackets were still there, but nothing up front. So, I ordered up four stainless steel 7/16-14 threaded studs and some rod for the front mounts. Canuck750 had sent me a bunch of the tabs (and rear mounts) a while back, so that was one thing I didn't need to make.
First up was making the studs hollow. Slowed the lathe way down and took my time, and eventually got them done. I'll be using stainless steel jam nuts on them, so no chance of them rusting like the original.
Then, I cut two sections of 15 mm mild steel rod, 63 mm long, drilled them through at 1/4" first, then with letter drill "U" for the proper i.d. to thread them to 7/16-14. All that's left is to tap them.
A little welding and then they'll go off to be chrome plated.