Author Topic: So, I Rode the Stelvio to the Dentist Today  (Read 2720 times)

Offline smdl

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1344
  • Location: Courtenay, BC
So, I Rode the Stelvio to the Dentist Today
« on: August 03, 2018, 09:38:58 PM »
When I arrived, I found a close parking spot.  When I stepped off, I took a quick look at the bike and thought "Yep, that's about right...".  See picture





 :grin:

Cheers,
Shaun
'61 Galletto
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore
'24 Stelvio

pete roper

  • Guest
Re: So, I Rode the Stelvio to the Dentist Today
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2018, 09:43:51 PM »
Shaun? Are you around in the middle to last two weeks of August? We're hoping to be in your area.

Offline smdl

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1344
  • Location: Courtenay, BC
Re: So, I Rode the Stelvio to the Dentist Today
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2018, 09:57:12 PM »
Shaun? Are you around in the middle to last two weeks of August? We're hoping to be in your area.

Hi, Pete.  Yes, we're around and we've got a big guestroom with your name on it.  It's a beautiful area and we'd be happy to show you around.  Keep me posted.

Cheers,
Shaun
'61 Galletto
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore
'24 Stelvio

pete roper

  • Guest
Re: So, I Rode the Stelvio to the Dentist Today
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2018, 10:16:27 PM »
PM me contact details. :thumb:

Offline redhawk47

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 511
  • Traveler
  • Location: Northern Colorado
Re: So, I Rode the Stelvio to the Dentist Today
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2018, 10:50:55 PM »
FWIW, when I park in a parking slot like that one, I leave the bike in the first half of the space instead on pulling all of the way in. Two reasons: Avoids the oil slick (not an issue in this case), and, lets another vehicle owner know that the space is occupied before they try to pull in (and "waste" their time) (or pull in quickly and hit your bike).

Dan
Dan
2021 V85TT Centenario, 2016 V7II Stone, CSC TT250, Gone:KLR, CSC RX3,

Rough Edge racing

  • Guest
Re: So, I Rode the Stelvio to the Dentist Today
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2018, 05:32:58 AM »
 Hmm, "small car" space........If drivers' are too unaware to know they can't fit a crew cab PU truck in the space, how do they know if they are driving a small car?  Perhaps a sign describing the dimensions of a small car would be helpful? Or radar that sets off a flashing light if the vehicle is too large....Parking a bike in the small car space may cause confusion and anxiety to car drivers..They might need a comfort animal...

Offline smdl

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1344
  • Location: Courtenay, BC
Re: So, I Rode the Stelvio to the Dentist Today
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2018, 04:58:05 PM »
Hmm, "small car" space........If drivers' are too unaware to know they can't fit a crew cab PU truck in the space, how do they know if they are driving a small car?  Perhaps a sign describing the dimensions of a small car would be helpful? Or radar that sets off a flashing light if the vehicle is too large....Parking a bike in the small car space may cause confusion and anxiety to car drivers..They might need a comfort animal...

Funny thing is that there is a whole row of "small car" spots along there, and most were filled with trucks hanging out into passing traffic.   :rolleyes:

Cheers,
Shaun
'61 Galletto
'74 Eldorado Civilian
'22 V85TT Guardia D'Onore
'24 Stelvio

Offline Kent in Upstate NY

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2275
Re: So, I Rode the Stelvio to the Dentist Today
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2018, 08:27:03 PM »
Geez, Dude. You live in the part of America where small cars are defined as anything smaller than
 a Semi.
Correctional educators don't make the criminals you fear. We make the criminals you fear smarter.

Offline TimmyTheHog

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 935
Re: So, I Rode the Stelvio to the Dentist Today
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2018, 02:11:06 PM »
Geez, Dude. You live in the part of America where small cars are defined as anything smaller than
 a Semi.

pretty much this...

I have so many trucks with full extended cab and tailgate parking in the small car space with its ass sticking way past to the spot behind it... :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

As for bike parking, I angle my bike and park toward to the entry edge of the spot so cars "can't" get in the spot, while bikes can still pull past me and park on the inside...

Then again, with driver like this, I sometimes wonder why bother.





This is one of the few photos of my awesome local parking skills...there are more...
Life isn't WHAT IS at the end.
It is HOW and WHAT you are doing to get there.

03 Honda Shadow Spirit - The Purple Beast (SOLD)
15 Guzz V7 Stone - The Red Chick (SOLD)
18 BMW R1200GS Rallye - The Blue Streak (SOLD)

Currently Bikeless...*cry*

 

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here