Author Topic: Guzzi V7 III  (Read 22653 times)

ff73148

  • Guest
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #90 on: December 21, 2018, 01:41:23 PM »
I just put a Corbin on my Bobber and it fit tight but OK. If you got a Corbin that didn't fit you should send it back because it might be the incorrect pan.


Offline Joliet Jim

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 6249
  • Justus Esto, Et Non Metue
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #91 on: December 21, 2018, 02:29:48 PM »
I just put a Corbin on my Bobber and it fit tight but OK. If you got a Corbin that didn't fit you should send it back because it might be the incorrect pan.



Now that looks nice, much better than the stock look.
1975 T160 Triumph Trident "Spot"
2002 Cali Stone "Moby Dick"
2003 Buell Blast "Pegasus"
Just memories
The Psycho Chicken
The Fire Demon
Thumper

Offline egschade

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1745
  • Eric S - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
  • Location: Northwest, NJ USA
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #92 on: December 21, 2018, 02:39:37 PM »
My evening last night working on a fixer upper CB500F in the heated, insulated garage with rain on the roof, Wilco on the speaker, Double Wood, very cozy. 

Had too much Double Wood when you typed this? It's a 550F  :wink: Hoping to find one of these at a somewhat better price (or do you think this is fair?)

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1976-cb550f-super-sport/6725462317.html

The elder Eric in NJ

2016 V7 Stornello #394

Past Guzzis:
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark
1985 LeMans 1000
2020 V85TT Adventure
V65 SP
V7 III Stone
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni (yeah, I should have kept it)
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Offline egschade

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1745
  • Eric S - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
  • Location: Northwest, NJ USA
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #93 on: December 21, 2018, 02:46:35 PM »
I just put a Corbin on my Bobber and it fit tight but OK. If you got a Corbin that didn't fit you should send it back because it might be the incorrect pan.



A couple folks have reported problems with the Corbin pin being just a tad too short. Try backing it out a turn or two to see if that helps. Just be sure to locktite it once you find the right length.
The elder Eric in NJ

2016 V7 Stornello #394

Past Guzzis:
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark
1985 LeMans 1000
2020 V85TT Adventure
V65 SP
V7 III Stone
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni (yeah, I should have kept it)
Breva 1100
EV Touring

bpreynolds

  • Guest
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #94 on: December 21, 2018, 03:02:45 PM »
Had too much Double Wood when you typed this? It's a 550F  :wink: Hoping to find one of these at a somewhat better price (or do you think this is fair?)

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1976-cb550f-super-sport/6725462317.html



Nice.  But no, mine is 2017 CB500F.

Offline egschade

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1745
  • Eric S - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
  • Location: Northwest, NJ USA
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #95 on: December 21, 2018, 03:28:38 PM »
Nice.  But no, mine is 2017 CB500F.

Ha! Caught me in old-fart mode triggering another '70's flashback  :shocked:
The elder Eric in NJ

2016 V7 Stornello #394

Past Guzzis:
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark
1985 LeMans 1000
2020 V85TT Adventure
V65 SP
V7 III Stone
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni (yeah, I should have kept it)
Breva 1100
EV Touring

ff73148

  • Guest
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #96 on: December 21, 2018, 04:07:34 PM »
Had too much Double Wood when you typed this? It's a 550F  :wink: Hoping to find one of these at a somewhat better price (or do you think this is fair?)

https://newjersey.craigslist.org/mcy/d/1976-cb550f-super-sport/6725462317.html



The CB550 & CB750's are in demand now. Be fore I send $5000 on this bike I would go out and find a used V7 III. A modern bike with brakes.

ff73148

  • Guest
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #97 on: December 21, 2018, 04:12:00 PM »
A couple folks have reported problems with the Corbin pin being just a tad too short. Try backing it out a turn or two to see if that helps. Just be sure to locktite it once you find the right length.

I've had Corbin's on other bikes I've owned. They always seem to fit tight. After a summer of riding they always fit better.

Offline JACoH

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 218
  • Location: Pacific Northwet
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #98 on: December 21, 2018, 05:20:31 PM »
The V7 Corbin is not spec'd by Corbin to fit the V7 III model, probably because they haven't tried one yet, they told me not to order it.  So, I did anyway and found it does fit fine, except for my mod to clear the airbox area.  I just Dremeled out a big square on the pan, and all is well.

Offline egschade

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1745
  • Eric S - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
  • Location: Northwest, NJ USA
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #99 on: December 21, 2018, 05:44:04 PM »
The CB550 & CB750's are in demand now. Be fore I send $5000 on this bike I would go out and find a used V7 III. A modern bike with brakes.

But I HAVE a V7 III as my main ride.  :grin: This would be to scratch my nostalgic 70's itch. Prob look for something under $3k. Wish I had never sold my '76 CB400F  :cry:
The elder Eric in NJ

2016 V7 Stornello #394

Past Guzzis:
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark
1985 LeMans 1000
2020 V85TT Adventure
V65 SP
V7 III Stone
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni (yeah, I should have kept it)
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Online Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #100 on: December 21, 2018, 06:45:48 PM »
I've had Corbin's on other bikes I've owned. They always seem to fit tight. After a summer of riding they always fit better.

There are some discussions about how Corbin fit, at least for these low production models, has become somewhat hit or miss.

Anyway on my 13 I had to back out the mounting post significantly to get it to latch. YMMV bla bla blah.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

ff73148

  • Guest
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #101 on: December 21, 2018, 07:15:40 PM »
But I HAVE a V7 III as my main ride.  :grin: This would be to scratch my nostalgic 70's itch. Prob look for something under $3k. Wish I had never sold my '76 CB400F  :cry:

You will never find a CB in fair condition for under $3000. I've been looking for the last five years. I wish I never sold my '77 CB750K.

Offline lucian

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3333
  • Location: Maine, Ayuh
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 08:23:47 PM by lucian »

Offline Bulldog9

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3604
  • Location: NY'r resettled in the Old Dominion
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #103 on: December 21, 2018, 08:27:59 PM »
Much improved looks. Looks great! I hated how the stock seat looked.
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2007 GRiSO, 2012 Norge GT, 2016 Stornello #742, 2023 V85 TT
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 2004 Breva 750, 2008 1200 Sport
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

Online Ncdan

  • Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 6313
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #104 on: December 21, 2018, 08:34:23 PM »
The CB550 & CB750's are in demand now. Be fore I send $5000 on this bike I would go out and find a used V7 III. A modern bike with brakes.
Not sure what you are referring to in regards to the breaks. I've owned several of these early 80s CB bikes and rode a 81 900 CB custom 50k miles as a police bike and breaking was NEVER an issue.

Offline Bulldog9

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3604
  • Location: NY'r resettled in the Old Dominion
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #105 on: December 21, 2018, 08:43:03 PM »
But I HAVE a V7 III as my main ride.  :grin: This would be to scratch my nostalgic 70's itch. Prob look for something under $3k. Wish I had never sold my '76 CB400F  :cry:

Yamaha XS 750/850 are wonderful bikes. Air Cooled, Shaft Drive, decent handling. Swap out the MC and decent pads with SS lines from Mikes XS and the brakes will do more than say 'stop??? yeah right........"  lol

Ive had my XS1100 for 34 years and my XS 750 for 25. They are in storage till I retire, but I love those bikes..........
MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2007 GRiSO, 2012 Norge GT, 2016 Stornello #742, 2023 V85 TT
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 2004 Breva 750, 2008 1200 Sport
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

ff73148

  • Guest
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #106 on: December 22, 2018, 05:53:36 AM »
Not sure what you are referring to in regards to the breaks. I've owned several of these early 80s CB bikes and rode a 81 900 CB custom 50k miles as a police bike and breaking was NEVER an issue.

As I have technically become a senior citizen, having modern brakes and traction control have become very important to me.

Offline oilhed

  • Gaggle Mentor
  • ****
  • Posts: 264
  • Former Guzzi, current Beemer & Harley
  • Location: Central CT
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #107 on: December 22, 2018, 09:42:24 PM »
MarkKF, aka OILHED
2009 BMW K1200LT
2018 HD FLHP

Online Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #108 on: December 23, 2018, 06:47:07 AM »
OMG!   At that price.  If I wasn't in the middle of buying a bike right now...

Focus man, FOCUS!
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline oilhed

  • Gaggle Mentor
  • ****
  • Posts: 264
  • Former Guzzi, current Beemer & Harley
  • Location: Central CT
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #109 on: December 23, 2018, 08:06:06 PM »
MarkKF, aka OILHED
2009 BMW K1200LT
2018 HD FLHP

Offline jas67

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5438
  • Location: Palmyra, PA
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #110 on: December 23, 2018, 09:59:25 PM »
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Offline oilhed

  • Gaggle Mentor
  • ****
  • Posts: 264
  • Former Guzzi, current Beemer & Harley
  • Location: Central CT
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #111 on: December 23, 2018, 10:08:48 PM »
Price negotiated
Deposit accepted
Pickup after New Years

It was either that or an Eldo
I like the Indian Springfield but $$$!
MarkKF, aka OILHED
2009 BMW K1200LT
2018 HD FLHP

Offline jas67

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5438
  • Location: Palmyra, PA
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #112 on: December 24, 2018, 05:35:43 AM »
Price negotiated
Deposit accepted
Pickup after New Years

It was either that or an Eldo
I like the Indian Springfield but $$$!

Congratulations!
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Online Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #113 on: December 27, 2018, 10:54:30 PM »
"Today was a good day" - Ice Cube

Well darkness came early today, which is ironic since we've passed the winter solstice.

It was just a little 600 mile road trip but the new Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark is home and we're happy to have her.

Gotta get the MCO to the DMV to get her registered, but it's winter so no rush there.

Still we can't wait to start break-in.








Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Dofin

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • *
  • Posts: 232
  • Location: Pensacola, FL
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #114 on: December 27, 2018, 11:55:41 PM »
Congradulations on the addition to the family.
76' Yamaha RD400
76' Suzuki GT500
89' Honda PC800
15' Guzzi V7 Stone

bpreynolds

  • Guest
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2018, 05:53:16 AM »
"Today was a good day" - Ice Cube

Well darkness came early today, which is ironic since we've passed the winter solstice.

It was just a little 600 mile road trip but the new Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark is home and we're happy to have her.

Gotta get the MCO to the DMV to get her registered, but it's winter so no rush there.

Still we can't wait to start break-in.









A number of lookers there in the garage but I gotta say I think the new one is the prettiest.  :boozing:  Cutest one by far is standing on the truck though   :grin:

Offline kingoffleece

  • SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4630
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
  • Location: Valley of the Sun
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2018, 06:18:16 AM »
Plexus is the most expensive thing in the garage priced by the pound!
Nice line up.  Looks like room for two more (ducks!).
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Offline Joliet Jim

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 6249
  • Justus Esto, Et Non Metue
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2018, 08:52:17 AM »
Nice everything  I like the ramp what brand is it?
1975 T160 Triumph Trident "Spot"
2002 Cali Stone "Moby Dick"
2003 Buell Blast "Pegasus"
Just memories
The Psycho Chicken
The Fire Demon
Thumper

Online Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2018, 08:56:25 AM »
Ha ha yes Fiona and Seamus were quite happy they were allowed to wait up for Daddy and Mr Cam.

Plexus, probably true story. Unless we go into to tool box. It'll be close.

Ramp, I'll check, have had it for decades. Folding atv/motorcycle ramp.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Cam3512

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 6801
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2018, 09:29:05 AM »
He sure makes that bike look pretty...



Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

 


NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here