Author Topic: V85 TT Merged Threadfest  (Read 368841 times)

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
Re: V85 TT Merged Threadfest
« Reply #1740 on: June 19, 2019, 04:30:46 AM »
I know I'm asking everybody this but how is the clutch pull?  I know it is impossible for you to tell me what I'll think of it but I'm curious if you would call it lighter, heavier, etc.

Beautiful red machine you have there!

NC
Upon leaving Agostini’s on their demo, I noticed the clutch was (mal)adjusted such that there was zero play in the lever.
You had to let the lever so far out on take off, that I really did think I was in neutral. I stopped around the corner and fixed it.
The lever was very nice to say the least and felt “flicky”, that is you could pop it in and out with absolute ease, two fingers without reservation.

Offline alanp

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1741 on: June 19, 2019, 11:12:03 PM »
I joined a V85 Facebook page just to see what there was to see.  Almost all in translated Italian, but there is a lot of chatter about an issue with the handlebars not being straight and the bikes pulling to the left.  Multiple complaints along the same lines.  Seems very odd.  Anyone noticed this issue? 
Niwot, Colorado
'22 Aprilia Tuareg - Black/Yellow
'16 V7II Stone - Black
Previous Guzzis
'07 Griso, '07 Norge, '03 California SS, '02 California SS, '02 V11 Lemans,  '83 Lemans III, '77 Lemans

Offline Knuckle Dragger

• Gosling
« Reply #1742 on: June 20, 2019, 01:51:35 AM »
That's weird!  Usually in drive-to-the-right jurisdictions you'd expect any vehicle to naturally veer to the right in accordance with the road's camber & water shedding characteristics.

It works the opposite way in the civilised world.
Severus bastardis

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1743 on: June 20, 2019, 02:00:36 AM »
I joined a V85 Facebook page just to see what there was to see.  Almost all in translated Italian, but there is a lot of chatter about an issue with the handlebars not being straight and the bikes pulling to the left.  Multiple complaints along the same lines.  Seems very odd.  Anyone noticed this issue?
Nah

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #1743 on: June 20, 2019, 02:00:36 AM »

Offline frans belgium

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1744 on: June 20, 2019, 07:00:18 AM »

I'm a bit shocked to see the tiny foot on the end of the sidestand.  For a true "tutto terrano" machine, it's going to be a bit dicey to lay up on anything but the firmest ground!  Thankfully your middle-European neighbours at Hepco & Becker have already come up with a solution in a sensibly sized & shaped accessory shoe that fits on the stand foot.  I'm a true believer in a sidestand's solid grounding, having onced woken up to the horrifying sight of my beautiful 900SS Ducati on its side in a pool of petrol from having the sidestand slowly punch its way through sun-heated tarmac!  Guzzi's accessory centre stand would likewise be an extremely useful option too I suspect when heavily laden with luggage!

My solution

Owned and sold: V65, Nevada, 2xCali, Breva 1100, Norge 8V, Breva 1100 with Squire sidecar
Currently own: V85 TT

Offline Knuckle Dragger

• Gosling
« Reply #1745 on: June 20, 2019, 07:36:02 AM »
edit:  to remove confusing quotation background.  Apologies to Frans for making his reply out of sequence.

Thanks for that information & photographs Glawster.  I've had a bit of a rubberneck & listen to @ a couple of German vids featuring the bike with the QD midpipe & both with & without a QD can, plus another with the insanely expensive OEM Arrow accessory can.  Less than impressed with the latter 2 personally.  The sound (as much as my ability to interpret the sound through dubious recordings exists) isn't commensurate with the prices charged.  At least the QD can is only about 30-35% of the price of the Arrow.  Personally I'd rather have a go @ gutting the more stylish original.  I seem to recall that there's also top & bottom bolts on the front of the original can.  Maybe it's technically feasible to disassemble said exhaust, re-coring with an ovalised length of s/steel perforated tube wrapped generously with a few roundels of fiberglass acoustic matting in search of a more befitting sonorous bark?

Not that I'm suggesting you have a go or anything of that ilk.  Cannibalising the original equipment of a brand new bike is tantamount to warranty invalidation I suspect.  Just a bit of conjecture on my part.  I just can't help tinkering with my bikes.  Most owners rather sensibly leave well enough alone, at least during the 2-4 year warranty duration!

I quite like the look of the "standard" muffler myself.  Both the Arrow & QD alternatives have a rather boring, generic look, feel & I suspect sound to them.  Somewhere between being disrespectful to; or if not then maybe a bit out of step with the unique character of the bike itself.  That midline crease along the ovate original muffler lends a modicum of unique style & an air of Guzzi idiosyncrasy to the standard bike that the alternative cans seem to lack.  Nevertheless, the bare-bones 2 into 1 QD midpipe seems to be an aesthetic & performance enhancer par excellence.

I'm a bit shocked to see such a tiny foot on the end of the sidestand.  For a true "tutto terrano" machine, it's going to be a bit dicey to lay up on anything but the firmest ground!  Thankfully your middle-European neighbours at Hepco & Becker have already come up with a solution in a sensibly sized & shaped accessory shoe that permanently fits snugly & inconspicuously on the stand foot.  I'm a true believer in a sidestand's solid grounding, having once woken up to the horrifying sight of my beautiful 900SS Ducati on its side in a pool of petrol from having the sidestand slowly punch its way through sun-heated tarmac!  Guzzi's accessory centre stand would likewise be an extremely useful option too I suspect when heavily laden with luggage!

I like H&B accessories, having used a small cherry-picked selection of their product on most of my bikes over the years.  From what I've seen H&B make sensible, quality gear at not-too-outrageous prices.  Pretty good luggage solutions too.

Anyway, thanks again for the reply.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2019, 07:51:09 AM by Knuckle Dragger »
Severus bastardis

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1746 on: June 20, 2019, 08:08:26 AM »
Yep.
Mine’ll get the centrestand, crashbars and bigger screen from the get go..

Offline Trialsman

• Gosling
« Reply #1747 on: June 20, 2019, 09:47:44 AM »
Mine will have the larger windscreen and crash bars as well, but no center stand.  I have always cut off the foot and welded a larger pad on all my side stands.  I usually can't get the bike on the center stand anyway.  The side stand is more convenient and dosen't drag in corners.  For tire changes I just use the side stand and my Dirt Napper on the opposite side. Talking with Tee at Team Charlotte yesterday, they were invoiced for my bike, so it is getting closer.
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2019 Alta Redshift EXR - clone
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Centenario
2024 Stelvio V100

Offline Zinfan

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1748 on: June 20, 2019, 10:14:34 AM »
I am getting the center stand and engine guards but I am waiting to see what Givi, CalSci and others are going to do for a possible larger screen.

Offline Zinfan

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1749 on: June 20, 2019, 03:36:54 PM »
This email just showed up in my mailbox

Dear Customer,

We are thrilled to let you know your Moto Guzzi V85TT is arriving soon, by the end of next week / beginning of July it should reach your selected dealership.

Once the bike arrives to the dealership, the dealer will prepare it and install the accessories you purchased.

Please find here below a couple of important information:

Your dealer will contact you as soon as the bike is ready for pick up
    At the dealership you will have to pay the MSRP + Taxes + PDI + Accessories, minus $2,000 deposit and $250 accessory credit
    We are offering a 5.99% APR 60 months financing promotion on the V85TT

We remain at your disposal for any further information or need.

Many Thanks for choosing our brand-new Moto Guzzi V85TT.

Best

Marco

Piaggio Group Americas

Marketing Team

So I guess time to get ready.

Offline Trialsman

• Gosling
« Reply #1750 on: June 20, 2019, 06:58:09 PM »
I am planning the route to get it in NC.  I got my email today.
2010 FE570 Husaberg
2019 Alta Redshift EXR
2019 Alta Redshift EXR - clone
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Centenario
2024 Stelvio V100

Offline Numbercruncher

• Hatchling
« Reply #1751 on: June 20, 2019, 09:41:06 PM »
I have a little bit of interest in a cable clutch operated Tiger 800 but that thing is seriously stiff and the bike was heavily revised for 2018 so it isn't a legacy system. 

No way to try out the V85TT until my local (300 mile from me shop get's one in).

NC

Clutch is like any modern bike.  Very light.  About 100x lighter than a bevel Ducati or Laverda triple.

Offline Numbercruncher

• Hatchling
« Reply #1752 on: June 20, 2019, 10:01:04 PM »
I cannot find the accessories catalog anywhere.  Can you provide a link?

NC

Mine will have the larger windscreen and crash bars as well, but no center stand.  I have always cut off the foot and welded a larger pad on all my side stands.  I usually can't get the bike on the center stand anyway.  The side stand is more convenient and dosen't drag in corners.  For tire changes I just use the side stand and my Dirt Napper on the opposite side. Talking with Tee at Team Charlotte yesterday, they were invoiced for my bike, so it is getting closer.

Offline Zinfan

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1753 on: June 20, 2019, 10:14:57 PM »

NC

Does this work?
https://prebookingusav85tt.motoguzzi.com/order.aspx?dea=49

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1754 on: June 20, 2019, 10:46:43 PM »

Offline Glawster

• New Egg
« Reply #1755 on: June 21, 2019, 03:32:58 AM »
I can confirm that the standard screen is pretty useless.  However it's so low that at least you're sitting in laminar airflow, not turbulence.  I knew this would be the case, but I didn't order the high screen as it was another £175 gbp and I thought that by the time the bike arrives there would probably be options from Puig, Givi etc which may be better than the Guzzi high screen.  I'm interested to hear from anyone with the Guzzi high screen how effective it is.
Anyway, in the meantime I have a little deflector left over from my Tiger 800 which I've fitted.  Looks terrible but does make a huge improvement

20190621_091848 by Derek0812, on Flickr
1955 Falcone Sport
1973 V7 Sport
2021 BMW R1250R
1955 Moto Parilla Turismo Special

Offline frans belgium

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1756 on: June 21, 2019, 04:49:42 AM »
I know I'm asking everybody this but how is the clutch pull?  I know it is impossible for you to tell me what I'll think of it but I'm curious if you would call it lighter, heavier, etc.

NC

Though not hydraulic, extremely light.
Owned and sold: V65, Nevada, 2xCali, Breva 1100, Norge 8V, Breva 1100 with Squire sidecar
Currently own: V85 TT

Offline blu guzz

• Gaggle Hero
  • Loves to ride
« Reply #1757 on: June 21, 2019, 06:41:39 AM »
i have that same little deflector on my 1400, and as you say, not pretty but very effective in calming things.  even used on my summer flyscreen, there is good effect.
Blue Guzz

Offline Knuckle Dragger

• Gosling
« Reply #1758 on: June 22, 2019, 01:07:49 AM »

NC

You didn't try very hard............... from the Guzzi website!

https://www.motoguzzi.com/mediaObject/motoguzzi-sites/MASTER/brochure/2019/MG_Catalogo_Accessori_06-2019/original/MG_Catalogo_Accessori_06-2019.pdf
PP 154-167 provides what you're after I think, including part numbers in English & Italian.

also:
https://www.qdexhaust.it/en/product-category/moto-guzzi-en/v-85-tt-en/
for less expensive aftermarket exhausts,  esp. that all-important midpipe I keep bleating about.

plus:
https://www.hepco-shop.de/en/meinbike/moto-guzzi/v-85-tt-2019
a Teutonic range of paraphernalia, incl. alternative luggage systems.

I'd imagine a few other aftermarket manufacturers will not be far behind in new releases either.  The likes of the UK's R&G Racing in particular usually develop a model-specific range for new Euro releases (although nothing yet), and smaller firms like Palmer Products & Pyramid Plastics (touring screens & other gewgaws), not to mention a likely myriad of others who will likely hitch their corporate horses to the V85's extraordinary popularity.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 07:30:27 AM by Knuckle Dragger »
Severus bastardis

Offline egschade

• Gaggle Hero
  • Eric - MGNOC NJ Rep - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
« Reply #1759 on: June 22, 2019, 05:50:29 AM »
SNIP
Anyway, in the meantime I have a little deflector left over from my Tiger 800 which I've fitted.  Looks terrible but does make a huge improvement

20190621_091848 by Derek0812, on Flickr

I don't think it looks terrible at all. It's in character with the bike and you'll probably get approving nods from the GS folks.
The elder Eric in NJ

2020 V85TT Adventure
1985 LeMans 1000
2005 BMW F650GS

Past Guzzis:
V65 SP
V7 III
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Online Huzo

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1760 on: June 22, 2019, 06:05:40 AM »
I’m looking forward to seeing your’s Derek.
Meanwhile, could you post multiple shots here, so I have something to retire under the covers with tonight ? :drool:

Offline keener

• Gosling
« Reply #1761 on: June 22, 2019, 11:14:51 PM »

I don't think it looks terrible at all. It's in character with the bike and you'll probably get approving nods from the GS folks.
[/quote]

:thumb: looks better than stock to me as well
smile and tremble
1974 Z1 Kawasaki since new
1998 Suzuki 1200 Bandit
2005 Ducati Multistrada 1000s
2007 Guzzi 1100 Griso
2015 Kawasaki Versys 1000

Offline Knuckle Dragger

• Gosling
« Reply #1762 on: June 23, 2019, 05:20:06 AM »
Severus bastardis

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #1763 on: June 23, 2019, 03:15:05 PM »
... and you'll probably get approving nods from the GS folks. 

That's an endorsement I would resent.  There isn't a more uglier motorcycle.

Offline Glawster

• New Egg
« Reply #1764 on: June 24, 2019, 02:53:52 AM »
That's an endorsement I would resent.  There isn't a more uglier motorcycle.

Well whatever you think of the GS's looks, it's a bloody effective motorcycle.  I toured mine through Europe and the little standard screen results in zero turbulence and buffeting.  You could smoke a fag at 100 mph if you felt like it.  I can't understand why other manufacturers can't supply something as good.  Possibly the higher V85TT screen does do the job?  I look forward to hearing feedback on it.
Anyway ultimately I found the GS just too large and heavy, particularly for manoeuvring around and sold it for a Tiger 800 - a fine motorcycle, but another one with a lousy screen!  If the V85 proves as good a bike as the Tiger 800 I'll be happy.

DSC_1960 by Derek0812, on Flickr
« Last Edit: June 24, 2019, 02:54:57 AM by Glawster »
1955 Falcone Sport
1973 V7 Sport
2021 BMW R1250R
1955 Moto Parilla Turismo Special

Offline janguzzi

• Gosling
    • My YouTube Channel (Guzzi Content)
Kind Regards
Jan, Schuby (near the Danish Border), Germany
www.janguzzi.de
-1992-2002: 1000S, 2nd Series
-2002-2004: V11 Le Mans "Grigio Titanium"
-2004-2011: V11 Le Mans "Rosso Corsa" & 2008-2011: 950S
-2018-2021: California Vintage
-2011: Griso 8V & 2023: V85 TT "Giallo Mojave"

Offline Kiwi Dave

• Gaggle Hero
    • Guzzi Gander Ltd
« Reply #1766 on: June 24, 2019, 03:26:23 PM »
You could smoke a fag at 100 mph if you felt like it.

You do know this has another meaning in the USA?  :grin:

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #1767 on: June 26, 2019, 03:01:35 AM »
Lonelec has the V85 diagnostic adapter available now. If you don''t have the older Guzzidiag cableset, you also need the KKL adapter.

https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Motorbike-and-Car-OBD2-Adaptors/OBD2-Motorbike-Adaptors/Euro5-6-Pin-OBD2-Adaptor-ISO19689
« Last Edit: June 30, 2019, 03:24:58 PM by pauldaytona »
Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Offline Zinfan

• Gaggle Mentor
« Reply #1768 on: June 26, 2019, 11:31:16 AM »
Lonelec has the V85 diagnostic adapter available now. If you don''t have the older Guzzidiag cableset, you also need the KKL adapter.

https://www.lonelec.co.uk/Motorbike-and-Car-OBD2-Adaptors/OBD2-Motorbike-Adaptors/Euro5i-6-Pin-OBD2-Adaptor-ISO19689

Needed for GuzziDiag I assume?  Do we know what ECU the V85 is using?

Offline Lannis

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #1769 on: June 26, 2019, 01:51:43 PM »
You do know this has another meaning in the USA?  :grin:

Either one would probably still work .... :embarrassed:
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here