Author Topic: loop project progress  (Read 10558 times)

Offline CalVin2007

  • fickle old fool
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 762
  • Location: Central Kansas,USA
Re: loop project progress
« Reply #30 on: January 03, 2016, 02:15:19 PM »
I spent a long time doing exactly that, ran a 9-30 ignition, all in at 3500rpm, I couldn't get it running too good at all even with a wideband 02 sensor and datalogging... (though I have had success with tweaking the basic guzzi map)

 if you do get anywhere with your distributor map and want some external testing then ping me over the map and I'll try it out for you gladly, think two heads may be better than one, it can be a time consuming and frustrating experience...

   Will do,and thank you. Two test subjects can only help,especially since we are running much the same setup and modifications. :thumb:

   REALLY looking forward to hearing how JB's loop does on its first outing!  :cool:

   Terry
'07 CalVin
 '79 TT500
 '78 SR500
 '80 SR500

Offline lazlokovacs

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1148
Re: loop project progress
« Reply #31 on: January 03, 2016, 05:53:20 PM »
^great

and sorry to all for thread hijack.

JB, your loop squarefin looks amazing, I've always admired your bikes and bike philosophy, keep on keeping on...


Offline guzzinka

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 204
  • Location: Oak Park Illinois
Re: loop project progress
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2016, 07:15:25 PM »
^great

and sorry to all for thread hijack.

JB, your loop squarefin looks amazing, I've always admired your bikes and bike philosophy, keep on keeping on...

 :1:  I anxiously wait for your new posts and projects jb, when I first discovered your projects on wg I read your past posts like a novella!  Keep up the amazing specials, very inspiring.   :gotpics:

Offline charlie b

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 6941
Re: loop project progress
« Reply #33 on: January 17, 2016, 07:52:24 AM »
John,

Have you fired it up yet?  If it is not too much a bother I'd love to hear how it sounds.

1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

Offline ratguzzi

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3840
    • road kill
Re: loop project progress
« Reply #34 on: January 17, 2016, 01:14:16 PM »
Unfortunately I had just finished the wiring up, cranks over, etc and was ready to add fuel lines and fuel when I was sent out on the road again. So it's been working in Nashville, then Kansas City and now back to Wylie Texas. The good thing is I am avoiding the sub zero weather back home and I happen to have my square finned 75 T with me.
May be a few weeks yet.
JB

John Boettcher
Wonder Lake, IL


"I'll quit riding when they pry the handgrips out of my cold dead fingers"

Offline Texas Turnip

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2641
Re: loop project progress
« Reply #35 on: January 17, 2016, 01:44:47 PM »
JB,
You gonna get your torque wrench recalibrated?
Tex

Offline Groover

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2945
  • If it ain't broke, I'll break it.
    • Scooteropolis
  • Location: Columbus, Ohio
Re: loop project progress
« Reply #36 on: January 17, 2016, 06:15:37 PM »
My favorite 850-T ^
1981 Moto Guzzi V1000G5
1987 Moto Guzzi LM1000SE, a
1987 Moto Guzzi LM1000SE, b
1980 Piaggio Vespa P200E
1980 Piaggio Vespa P125X
1980 Vespa Grande Moped
1980 Vespa SI Moped
http://scooteropolis.com/

Offline charlie b

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 6941
Re: loop project progress
« Reply #37 on: January 18, 2016, 11:26:59 AM »
I kinda figured you were on the road.  Be careful out there.
1984 850 T5 (sold)
2009 Dodge Cummins 2500

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here
 

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here