Author Topic: Brake Caliper for 74 Eldorado  (Read 1250 times)

Offline JC85

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 617
  • Location: Chanute, KS
Brake Caliper for 74 Eldorado
« on: March 13, 2019, 01:00:01 PM »
Hey guys, I need some input. I ordered a new front brake caliper for my Eldorado, as the old one had a small leak in cold weather, even after a full cleaning and rebuild. I thought I ordered the correct caliper, but I'm not so sure, since it came in, today. The caliper I ordered is a Brembo F08 right caliper. I've checked, and everything is identical to the one that's on there, including dimensions and hole pattern, but there's one difference: mine has two bleeder valves, and the new one has only one. Is this still compatible with my bike? I don't see why it wouldn't be, but want to check, before I install it. Thanks in advance for any input!



'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

Offline rutgery

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 119
  • The Netherlands
Re: Brake Caliper for 74 Eldorado
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2019, 01:13:34 PM »
The ''new'' type (from the 1980's or something) F08 callipers only have one bleeder, otherwise they are the same. Worry not!
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 01:14:08 PM by rutgery »
'82 Moto Guzzi G5
'89 V7 Sport replica from a Cali 3

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 15177
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
  • Location: Rohrersville, Maryland
Re: Brake Caliper for 74 Eldorado
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2019, 01:26:26 PM »
It's actually better since it has anodized alloy pistons which won't corrode and stick, and it has a bleeder that won't twist off.
Charlie

Offline JC85

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 617
  • Location: Chanute, KS
Re: Brake Caliper for 74 Eldorado
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2019, 01:56:18 PM »
Gotcha. Thanks for the replies, guys.  :thumb: I definitely like that it has the anodized pistons. That's what happened with the old one; after sitting in storage for so many years, it was totally corroded and stuck. I tore it down, gave it a thorough cleaning, and rebuilt it with all new seals, but it's still had a slow leak, anytime the temps get below 40 or 50 degrees.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2019, 01:56:53 PM by JC85 »
'74 Eldo Police Model
'07 CalVin

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here