Author Topic: Suzuki  (Read 2297 times)

Offline Brand X

  • Gaggle Mentor
  • ****
  • Posts: 480
Suzuki
« on: November 29, 2021, 05:29:26 AM »
I did not think you could do anything with this bike.. I like it because of how simple it is.

https://bend.craigslist.org/mcy/d/bend-2009-suzuki-ryca-cafe-racer/7406557669.html

Online SIR REAL ED

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3256
  • uh.... it's personal....
  • Location: Forest, VA
Re: Suzuki
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2021, 05:55:11 AM »
I did not think you could do anything with this bike.. I like it because of how simple it is.

https://bend.craigslist.org/mcy/d/bend-2009-suzuki-ryca-cafe-racer/7406557669.html

The Ryca cafe bikes are one of the most impressive Ugly Duckling to Beautiful Swan transformations I have seen in the motorcycle world.

Nice motors!  Great bikes to begin and/or end your riding career on.  Even with a goofy gear spacing of 5th gear only being 5% higher than 4th, 65mph is comfortable. 

After resetting the carb and replacing the stock muffler with a Harley Dyna muffler, the bike revs about 1000 rpm higher than stock (stock is straining to hit 4500-5000? rpm), and due to the big flywheel the bike will lug down to about 500 rpm.

The ultimate tinkerer's guide:  http://suzukisavage.com/cgi-bin/YaBB.pl?num=1199986392

« Last Edit: November 29, 2021, 06:04:23 AM by SIR REAL ED »
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
2002 MZ Skorpion
1994 DR Skorpion

Offline Stretch

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 779
  • Location: Belgrade, Maine
Re: Suzuki
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2021, 05:56:51 AM »
I thought about one of those.

S40 donor bikes are relatively common and cheap, and the kit wasn't
too expensive if I remember correctly.

But I'm just too tall and my legs are too long for one of 'em!

But they're cool.... :cool:

                                                 -Stretch
1967? Change Jiang M1M
1978 Yamaha SR500
1971 BMW R75/5
1987 BMW K75S
2011 Kawasaki KLR650
2011 Triumph Rocket III Touring
2015 Triumph Trophy
2017 Moto Guzzi 1400 California Touring

Online SIR REAL ED

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3256
  • uh.... it's personal....
  • Location: Forest, VA
Re: Suzuki
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 06:17:38 AM »
I did not think you could do anything with this bike.. I like it because of how simple it is.

https://bend.craigslist.org/mcy/d/bend-2009-suzuki-ryca-cafe-racer/7406557669.html

Looking over the photos, the bike looks even better now that the owner removed the faux "Panhead" chrome cover.

Replacing the belt drive with a chain cleans up the look even more.  I'd probably stick with the belt and paint the pulley black to try to hide it.
1999 Suzuki DR 650 w/790cc kit
2002 MZ Skorpion
1994 DR Skorpion

Offline 9fingers

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 503
  • Location: The New Hampshire part of New Jersey, USA
Re: Suzuki
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2021, 06:49:56 AM »
Very cool!
Scott
Current bikes:
V7 Corsa - Athena
Royal Enfield Classic Chrome 500 Bullet - Guinevere
Suzuki V Strom 650 - Rita
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL250 custom
TL250 stock
Honda TL125
Yamaha TY350

Offline wymple

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1178
  • Location: SE Iowa
Re: Suzuki
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2021, 11:46:50 PM »
The S40 was OK to begin with.
No trees were harmed by the conveyance of this message, but a lot of electrons were seriously disturbed.


NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here
 

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here