Author Topic: I made a cluch adjustment tool - V85TT content  (Read 478 times)

Offline Tazturtle

• Moto Guzzi - La moto la piu bella del mondo
  • Gaggle Hero
I made a cluch adjustment tool - V85TT content
« on: May 02, 2024, 12:47:01 AM »
Hey all,

I have been back on a Guzzi for 3 months now after 8 years on Ducatis and Triumphs.

Picked up a near new V85TT as my daily rider. I have been loving it - so relaxing, easygoing and practical compared to my weekend Ducati Streetfighter.

Just this week the mildly annoying cluch adjustment issue reared its head so I had to adjust the cable freeplay at the back of the gearbox.

Pretty fiddly to get to to adjust without removing lots of plastic so instead I made a tool by slotting a 17mm stainless bolt to turn the adjuster using a ratchetting spanner. Simples!

Cheers all

Kurt

2022 V85TT Evocative
2012 1200 Sport 8V Corsa SE
2011 V7 Racer #749

"Guzzi is about the engine. Guzzi's about torque. Guzzi's about enjoyment in the riding experience."

"The Guzzi 750 is what BMW airheads used to be.  Simple, direct machines for riders who enjoy the Zen of engines

Offline Gino

• Hatchling
Re: I made a cluch adjustment tool - V85TT content
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2024, 04:35:13 PM »
 Nice idea
I’ll copy that and have a go

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2024, 07:38:44 PM »
I made one for Tonti bikes or any really w/same parts on clutch arm. I made it to be below the bike & no burnt hand on exhaust.

"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline Cam3512

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 05:49:52 PM »
Interesting.  I’ve got a 2020 V85 and never had to adjust the cable at the ass-end.  Matter of fact barely touched the one at the bar lever.  Almost 20K miles.  What’s going on?
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2024, 05:49:52 PM »

Offline Tazturtle

• Moto Guzzi - La moto la piu bella del mondo
  • Gaggle Hero
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2024, 06:05:23 AM »
Nothing dramatic Cam - just over 6000 miles on my ‘22.

Ran out of clutch adjustment at the lever. Looking online there seems to be quite a few people who have to do the adjustment.

I am assuming it’s just cable stretch.

Cheers

Kurt
2022 V85TT Evocative
2012 1200 Sport 8V Corsa SE
2011 V7 Racer #749

"Guzzi is about the engine. Guzzi's about torque. Guzzi's about enjoyment in the riding experience."

"The Guzzi 750 is what BMW airheads used to be.  Simple, direct machines for riders who enjoy the Zen of engines

Online yrunvs

• New Egg
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2024, 09:18:36 PM »
Hey all,

I have been back on a Guzzi for 3 months now after 8 years on Ducatis and Triumphs.

Picked up a near new V85TT as my daily rider. I have been loving it - so relaxing, easygoing and practical compared to my weekend Ducati Streetfighter.

Just this week the mildly annoying cluch adjustment issue reared its head so I had to adjust the cable freeplay at the back of the gearbox.

Pretty fiddly to get to to adjust without removing lots of plastic so instead I made a tool by slotting a 17mm stainless bolt to turn the adjuster using a ratchetting spanner. Simples!

Cheers all

Kurt

I removed the bare minimum to get at that nut/adjuster and the adjuster was to tight to move with the limited access and shape of it. I buttoned it back up and will start over after making the tool you did. I still have adjustability at the bars but its getting close.
What size groove is that? and how many full turns in did it take to do the job?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2024, 09:20:41 PM by yrunvs »

Harper's Moto Guzzi : Go Ride, Break Parts, Call me!
Harper's Moto Guzzi. Where we still answer the phone, use the highest quality parts, and also do Transmission, rear drive, and carb rebuilds fast. Call us at 816.697.3411 and get your problems resolved.
http://www.harpermoto.com
Advertise Here

Mother Road Motorsports is Tulsa's exclusive Moto Guzzi dealer
Oklahoma's premier Moto Guzzi, Aprilia, Vespa and now Ducati dealer
Great service, Great selection, Friendly Environment! Come see us on Route 66.
Advertise Here