Author Topic: Diode Replacement-No power to ECU  (Read 200 times)

Offline John Croucher

• Gaggle Mentor
Diode Replacement-No power to ECU
« on: May 10, 2024, 10:28:22 AM »
Working out the bugs on the 2000 (not a hyper motard) Quota, I would get a no start problem.  First I addressed the ignition switch.  It was extremely corroded.  Still had no start issue.  Moving wires below the gage's gave me a false sense the problem was there.  Then onto replacing all the relays and fuses.  Then moving wires around at the relays,  I narrowed it down to the ECU relay area.  Then the wire that has the diode shown in the wiring diagram N4007. 

Chasing down a no start, no spark, no fuel pump running problem, I found that the diode N4007 between the ecu and the relay for the coil, fuel pump is broke.  I can push the solid copper wire into the diode and the engine will run.  I can pull the copper wire and the engine will stop.

In doing some research, I found this from This Old Tractor.

I am not clear if this is adding an additional diode or the diode that I am having problems with is an original factory fix.  The diode currently installed is referenced in the OEM wiring diagram. 

ECU protection and transil diode installation
Moto Guzzi Quota 1000 and Quota 1100 ES models

https://www.thisoldtractor.com/moto_guzzi_quota_ecu_protection_and_transil_diode_installation.html

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: Diode Replacement-No power to ECU
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2024, 02:22:11 PM »
I'm on a Quota lately for work. Haven't put a batt in yet, so .  All the earlier FI have that diode. Now you found it an issue, replace it if you can't fix it. Electronics store may carry it, if you could unplug it would be nice to take it in. Otherwise, snip snip.

I haven't had to deal with one yet.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2024, 02:24:06 PM by guzzisteve »
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here