Author Topic: Exhaust Pipe Seating for v7 850  (Read 3399 times)

Offline valerbear97

  • New Egg
  • *
  • Posts: 7
Exhaust Pipe Seating for v7 850
« on: August 09, 2025, 12:35:14 PM »
Hey all!

Does anyone know how "deep" the exhaust pipes should be seated in the heads of a Moto Guzzi V7 850? I have a 2024 V7 850 Special that I picked up at the start of the summer, I will be doing my own maintenance on it so as part of that I installed my own center stand about a month and a half ago. As part of that I ended up having take off the whole exhaust in order to get the job done and then replaced everything. I haven't noticed anything but when I look at it, I can't help but wonder if the exhaust pipes are seated deep enough. Specifically the right side seems further "out" than the left by a few mm. I didn't take closeups of this part beforehand (rookie mistake) and the few closeups I've been able to find online seem similar-ish to how mine look, but wanted to ask here too just to make sure. Worth pointing out that they seem to be well seated: ie. there's no wiggle, I don't see any leaking exhaust gasses etc but they just visually don't seem like they are deep enough and I could use some help either putting my mind at ease or getting down to business getting them seated properly. The first photo is the left side (which I am less concerned about) and the second photo is the right side (which seems to be a bit further out as mentioned)




« Last Edit: August 09, 2025, 12:36:09 PM by valerbear97 »

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here