Wildguzzi.com
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Donation Status
News:
Visit the Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Store
Home
Help
Donations
Advertise
Login
Register
Wildguzzi.com
»
General Category
»
General Discussion
(Moderators:
rocker59
,
Luaps Girl
,
Ncdan
) »
MGX-Audace
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: MGX-Audace (Read 2089 times)
TN Mark
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 1273
MGX-Audace
«
on:
September 07, 2026, 10:57:25 AM »
Just curious, has anyone ever put the Audace Carbon forks, front wheel and fender on an MGX-21?
Logged
Moparnut72
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 3368
Location: Quincy California
Re: MGX-Audace
«
Reply #1 on:
September 07, 2026, 09:19:44 PM »
That would definitely make for a better MGX. I always wished had I gotten a 1400 Eldorado instead of the Audace being a bit lower with the smaller front wheel. I sat on a MGX, getting it off the side stand would be a chore. I tried at first but gave up.
kk
Logged
Mopar or Nocar
Current Bike:
2026 V7 850 Special
1976 T3 disaster
Taking new riders for a spin:
2023 V100 Navale
2019 V7lll Special
2016 Audace
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".
Tom
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 28880
Re: MGX-Audace
«
Reply #2 on:
September 14, 2026, 03:46:55 PM »
It might just be easier finding a CAL 1400T instead, unless you have a MGX that you want to handle better. I own a CAL 1400T and have ridden an Audace. Handling is the same for me. Have not ridden a MGX. Only sat on one at a dealer and tried getting off the kick stand.....it's a chore. 🤦♂️ 😊
Logged
From the Deep Deep South out in left field. There are no stupid questions. There are however stupid people asking questions. 🤣, this includes me. 😉 Hawaii.
TN Mark
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 1273
Re: MGX-Audace
«
Reply #3 on:
September 14, 2026, 07:45:32 PM »
I never road an MGX-21 because it felt to odd in the showroom. But I think, from as aesthetic standpoint, the saddlebags are the best Moto Guzzi has ever designed. They also flow great with the rear fender.
I’d simply remove the fairing and install the front end from an Audace Carbon with the CA Touring windscreen and call it done.
It’s a pipe dream really. I’m thrilled with my Eldorado 1400. But, if I could ‘build’ another Moto Guzzi, that may be the route I’d take.
Logged
kingoffleece
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 4637
Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
Location: Valley of the Sun
Re: MGX-Audace
«
Reply #4 on:
September 15, 2026, 08:32:01 PM »
I've ridden the Audace many times. Hit the pegs at almost every turn. Not much lean angle if that matters to you. Deal breaker for me.
Logged
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.
TN Mark
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 1273
Re: MGX-Audace
«
Reply #5 on:
September 16, 2026, 12:51:45 PM »
I would ‘guess’ that adding the Audace front end to an MGX would indeed make it handle like the Audace. Both bikes having pegs and all.
Logged
Moparnut72
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 3368
Location: Quincy California
Re: MGX-Audace
«
Reply #6 on:
September 17, 2026, 02:48:38 PM »
Isn't the front ends on the Audace and MGX the same, only the wheel size different, 21" vs 19"? I tried lifting an MGX off the side stand, I didn't bother finishing.
kk
Logged
Mopar or Nocar
Current Bike:
2026 V7 850 Special
1976 T3 disaster
Taking new riders for a spin:
2023 V100 Navale
2019 V7lll Special
2016 Audace
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".
Tom
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 28880
Re: MGX-Audace
«
Reply #7 on:
September 17, 2026, 03:50:35 PM »
It took too much effort to get it off the kick stand for me.
«
Last Edit: September 17, 2026, 06:06:48 PM by Tom
»
Logged
From the Deep Deep South out in left field. There are no stupid questions. There are however stupid people asking questions. 🤣, this includes me. 😉 Hawaii.
TN Mark
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 1273
Re: MGX-Audace
«
Reply #8 on:
September 17, 2026, 05:19:19 PM »
18” vs. 21” I believe.
Logged
Moparnut72
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 3368
Location: Quincy California
Re: MGX-Audace
«
Reply #9 on:
September 17, 2026, 08:37:25 PM »
Quote from: TN Mark on September 17, 2026, 05:19:19 PM
18” vs. 21” I believe.
You are right. I was going by memory, but when you are old?
kk
Logged
Mopar or Nocar
Current Bike:
2026 V7 850 Special
1976 T3 disaster
Taking new riders for a spin:
2023 V100 Navale
2019 V7lll Special
2016 Audace
MGNOC #24053
Amiga computer shop owner: "Americans are great consumers but terrible shoppers".
NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
Wildguzzi.com
»
General Category
»
General Discussion
(Moderators:
rocker59
,
Luaps Girl
,
Ncdan
) »
MGX-Audace
Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here