New Moto Guzzi Door Mats Available Now
I guess some people like to pretend they are riding Maximus Prime.
BTW more modern ADV bikes like the newer GSs have the same limitations for me as the sport tourers. They’re useless for poor/dirt roads unless you want to destroy them, just too fragile and expensive to repair. A friend’s simple low speed tip over on a new GS ended up being a ridiculous episode involving a tow truck and code resets before the bike could even be ridden.
A friend’s simple low speed tip over on a new GS ended up being a ridiculous episode involving a tow truck and code resets before the bike could even be ridden.
My next ADV-type bike is gonna be one of 3 ; A DR650, a CFMoto 800, or maybe a used 8V Stelvio.I love that big gas tank on the Moto Guzzi! -Stretch
Next spring or summer - after this wretched shoulder heals - would be the time frameto look for the DR650. There seem to be two basic categories used: Those that are olderand somewhat modified, and those that are a few years old with almost no miles or mods. In any event, I have perused the ProCycle catalog. (Oh, my ) So, even if Iscore one really cheaply, the end result is gonna be a wee bit spendy! A brandy-new CFMoto might be less expensive! -Stretch
I've had three DR650's now for over 20 years. I've never considered them to be adventure motorcycles, just simply motorcycles.....
The most versatile motorcycle, IMHO, is a bagger with a windshield. Something like a H-D Road King or my Victory Hard-Ball. A rear passenger backrest/luggage rack increases the versatility even more. All day comfortable with plenty of additional luggage options with a few Roc Straps. Watertight saddlebags, an Ortleib waterproof duffle bag and you’re set. Go anywhere, do anything in comfort and style.
This is how I feel about Adventure bikes. Lots of storage and ability to haul it, LT suspension, comfortable ergos with room to move around, configurable with different seats, panniers/op cases, windscreens, foot pegs etc to dial it into what riding type/style you are doing with upright seating position, lightweight in comparison to some of the behemoth touring full dress bikes out there. Plenty of electrical capacity to run accessories and heated gear. All the reasons Adventure bikes are popular and continue to be
Spot on. Swiss Army knife appeal. To the point of the original post, there certainly are more aesthetically pleasing motorcycles to look at,and some of the Adventure motorcycle stying is a bit garish and over the top to be sure (BMW 1300 GS as previously mentioned). I just like the functionality of 'em. If I had to own only one bike (which fortunately I don't) and taking my experiences of riding for 40+ years, I would have an Aprilia Tuareg sittingin the barn.