Author Topic: Speeds Cycle in Elkridge, MD Gone?  (Read 6122 times)

kirnma

Speeds Cycle in Elkridge, MD Gone?
« on: December 13, 2014, 06:05:28 AM »
Anyone know what happened to Speeds Cycle in Elkridge, MD? I went to their shop this past Thursday to see if they had any leftover 2014 California Customs and their showroom was completely empty and stripped bare.  Just curious since they were only one of two local Guzzi dealerships in the area (I live in Fairfax, VA).

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
Re: Speeds Cycle in Elkridge, MD Gone?
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 09:21:33 AM »
This was being discussed at our last MD/DC Breakfast. IIRC, Speed is using the rear part of the building only.
Charlie

Offline rastoga

• New Egg
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 11:57:47 AM »
He is still a MG dealer. He got rid of Ducati and is concentrating on the service side of his business.  He had a white cali and a griso a few weeks back. The bikes were in the back.  The other dealer in winchester doesn't currently have any new MG but some on consignment a 1100 breva and a norge I think.

Bill Hagan

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 12:07:17 PM »
He is still a MG dealer. He got rid of Ducati and is concentrating on the service side of his business.  He had a white cali and a griso a few weeks back. The bikes were in the back.  The other dealer in winchester doesn't currently have any new MG but some on consignment a 1100 breva and a norge I think.

Can't speak to Speeds service-- tho I have found the "retail attitude" there seriously wanting on my three visits there -- but Winchester Motosports has two crack Guzzi wrenches.

Bill

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: December 13, 2014, 12:07:17 PM »

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

• Gaggle Hero
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
« Reply #4 on: December 13, 2014, 12:10:56 PM »
Can't speak to Speeds service-- tho I have found the "retail attitude" there seriously wanting on my three visits there -- but Winchester Motosports has two crack Guzzi wrenches.

Bill

I've had to undo the damage on three older Guzzis seriously messed up by Speed's.
Charlie

kirnma

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 11:47:29 PM »
I didn't go around back.  The last time I was up there they had a good selection of bikes, and I had seen the white Cali on Craigslist.  Given the large population of riders in the DC Metro area I am surprised we don't get a Guzzi dealership around here.  Here's to hoping!

Thanks all for the replies. 

Online Perazzimx14

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2014, 05:35:44 AM »
I didn't go around back.  The last time I was up there they had a good selection of bikes, and I had seen the white Cali on Craigslist.  Given the large population of riders in the DC Metro area I am surprised we don't get a Guzzi dealership around here.  Here's to hoping!

Thanks all for the replies. 

Of the DC metro riding population I would bet 95+% ride something from the Asian big 4. A few ride BMW's, Even less ride Italian bikes.  Its all numbers. I would venture to guess that the average US Guzzi dealer sells between 3 and 10 new bikes per year. Hard to make a living unless you are multi brand with those numbers. Then you have the competition sitting in the same room.
2021 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2017 V7 III Carbon Dark #0008 of 1921
2017 Road Glide Special
2020 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2016 Suzuki Van Van 200

Offline Waltr

• Gaggle Mentor
    • Europa Macchina
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2014, 06:21:59 AM »
  What color Custom do you want?  Give us a shout or stop buy if you want to check out the bikes.  We have all models and colors available between our showroom and a storage facility. It's winter and weather and salt is an issue but short test drives still could be possible.  We fly under the radar a lot of time because we are not your typical M/C dealership.
Walt Roman
Europa Macchina
717-932-6600
« Last Edit: December 16, 2014, 06:23:24 AM by Waltr »
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
www.motoguzzipa.com

2012 Norge

Offline Warren Rhen

• Hatchling
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2014, 08:15:52 PM »
Anyone know what happened to Speeds Cycle in Elkridge, MD? I went to their shop this past Thursday to see if they had any leftover 2014 California Customs and their showroom was completely empty and stripped bare.  Just curious since they were only one of two local Guzzi dealerships in the area (I live in Fairfax, VA).
If your really looking for a MG follow Waltr's advice and visit Europa Macchina. I think you'll be pleasantly surprized with everything there. And you won't have to stumble over a bunch of Asian bikes to find the MG's. I get parts there for my older Guzzi and always get great service.
Cheers,
Warren
16 Piaggio BV 350
86 Citroen 2CV6 Dolly
18 Dodge Charger R/T

kirnma

« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 07:34:56 PM »
Shows you how often I get on the site :(  Haven't had much opportunity to ride this winter, but I will absolutely visit Europa Macchina. It'd be a nice ride up from DC on the Norge. Thanks Walt and Roman. 

Offline cookiemech

• Gosling
« Reply #10 on: February 23, 2015, 06:03:28 AM »
Warren has it right! I live near Pittsburgh and though Europa Macchina is 187 miles away, after a lot of research I trailered my Guzzi there for update work. Wow! I have never before seen such a level of professionalism and such a clean shop. Nor have I seen such a complete (and I mean complete!) selection of new Guzzis. My opinion is that if one would not be happy with their selection and their attitude, one would not be satisfied with any other.

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
http://www.wildguzzi.com/Products/products.htm
Advertise Here