Author Topic: Connection Dashboard Digitek eeprom 24c01/24c16 line Vag Can bus  (Read 12808 times)

Offline dynamo

• New Egg
  • Stelvio 2009 Motor A5

Good Morning
Hello bikers.
Bonjour à tous de corse France.

I appeal to your knowledge on many forums as there are riders who are angry and seeking to recover their user ID dashboard Digitek Guzzi or Aprilia five-digit code.
Originally it is 00000.
But following a sale of the motorbike or lost key, you can not find this user ID?.
It is imperative 2 keys with code identification (signature) for procedure restores
User ID or memorize new keys.

So I want a software to access the eeprom 24c01 or 25c16 with OBD 2 cable KKL can bus line that runs by the way very well with software GuzziDiag, ducatiDiag.

For a connection on pin SOIC EEPROM with 8 requires disassembly Dashboard.

It's very complicated and delicate as we open the dashboard to access the EEPROM.
But look informations in the eeprom
Code use
Mileage
Code keys

http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?180601-Digi-Dash-modding-or-repair&s=6e885599dcdee1e03c853af56f778ce1&p=2206600&viewfull=1#post2206600

So if you know a software like Vag K + Can be ordered or another cable that is compatible with OBD 2 Fiat KKL FTDI, we could end user code .

Thank you all.

« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 04:53:26 AM by dynamo »

Offline Kiwi_Roy

• Gaggle Hero
Re: Connection Dashboard Digitek eeprom 24c01/24c16 line Vag Can bus
« Reply #1 on: December 20, 2014, 05:02:51 AM »
Lots of information there if you click on the link below the code page  ;-T
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Half a V9 Roamer

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since March 15 1921

Offline dynamo

• New Egg
  • Stelvio 2009 Motor A5
« Reply #2 on: December 20, 2014, 05:31:54 AM »
OK , yes !

6 pages on connexion eeprom sur forum aprilia.
http://www.apriliaforum.com/forums/showthread.php?180601-Digi-Dash-modding-or-repair&s=6e885599dcdee1e03c853af56f778ce1&p=2206600&viewfull=1#post2206600
Informations on eeprom
from the opréator " techrat1"
I am posting it... what the heck...

I started by saving a copy of the eeprom and then erasing it, hoping it would reinitialize itself... it didn't... but it did change the language to Italian - Still locked out.

So I restored the original copy and started to experiment with it, my first guess at which bytes were the code was a winner... I zeroed them, turned it on entered "00000" and it started up and told me to "remember to enter your user code"... cool...

Then I continued to experiment with things to see what would change, and this is what I have so far...

Click image for larger version.  Name: eedump.jpg  Views: 559  Size: 240.0 KB  ID: 110504

Of the 2KB eeprom, this is all that is used the rest is blank, so this is the complete dump here...

The eeprom contains 128 pages of 16 bytes each, each line here is a page, it appears they only store only item per page, even if it is only a couple bits
 I don't know what the "04" at the top is, or the "30" in the middle... the rest is done.

The mileage is the only thing that has any redundancy or checksum, it stores two identical copies of the mileage string in two separate pages, the mileage is always in KM, bit 2 of byte 6 selects the display between KM and Miles, but it is still always stored in KM... If you corrupt one page or the other it recovers and fixes itself, if you corrupt both it resets to ZERO KM and display in KM... I placed the cursor on the mileage and you can see at the side it decodes to "4442" that is the actual mileage on this dash... the last byte of the string is the check byte, it is not a simple checksum, I am not sure how it is calculated, maybe best left that way, since that prevents altering the mileage to anything other than zero.

The user code is not protected at all and can be read straight out, the dash code is "91700" I bought this dash, code unknown...

You can see there are 2 transponder keys programmed, you can program up to 4

The dash error code memory stores one bit per code, one byte stores the memory for all codes DSB1 - DSB7... "07" means codes DSB1, DSB2, and DSB4 in memory...

Language "01" is English, I think "04" was Spanish, I did not try them all

The lap timer has 3 laps stored, 11.04s, 11.92s, and 11.04s... (Hint - "0B" hex is 11 decimal

Other softaware possible with cable kkl OBD2 for guzzidiag for connexion eeprom line can bus , that is the question ?.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Example Vag K + can commander
Vag 409.1
Carprog
Enigma
« Last Edit: December 20, 2014, 05:43:38 AM by dynamo »

Offline dynamo

• New Egg
  • Stelvio 2009 Motor A5

Wildguzzi.com

« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2015, 10:37:28 AM »

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2015, 01:21:22 PM »
So it seems the thing is programable from the outside. The dashes are not that expensive if you find a used one. Why your interest?

If it's just about the code, reading the eprom should do it, then you can find the code in it. No need to change it.
Paul

Daytona 1225, Stelvio 1151

Download Guzzidiag here: http://www.von-der-salierburg.de/download/GuzziDiag/

Offline dynamo

• New Egg
  • Stelvio 2009 Motor A5
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2015, 07:31:46 AM »
. Why your interest?

Hello Paul.
First of all, thank you for for the messages you give on this subject.

You say "Why your interest?"

I have a Stelvio rosso 2008-2009 A5 engine
and my dashboard works very well, I 'have even one more due to a security taken for mist on screen.
So 2 dashboard that work very well
So I have everything I need with 2 coded keys that are ok, so for me everything is good.

But when I read on many websites (English, French, Spanish, Italian, German) and bikers lost their key or does not remember the user name of the dashboard that hurts my heart to see that they are desperate with their key that no longer works with table used board without factory unknown code.
http://guzzi.webemoi.com/viewtopic.php?t=16589&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

That's why Paul I seek software that can find the codes in the Dashboard.
But preferably a software that anyone can use it easily.

But, be careful if someone wants traffiquer mileage, it can and there is serious.
Besides hardware theft and motorcycle that can be resold.
Here is one of fairness, morality.
It's still difficult, must see!

So what of an array of used board if we do not know the code to the transponder can do its job and that the keys are recognized?.

Good day Paul /

Bonjour Paul.
Tout d'abord, merci pour les messages que tu donnes sur ce sujet.

Tu dis "Why your interest? "

je possède une stelvio rosso de 2008-2009 moteur A5
et mon tableau de bord fonctionne très bien, j' en ai même 1 de plus suite à une prise en garantie pour buée sur écran.
Donc 2 tableaux de bord qui fonctionnent très bien.
J'ai donc tout ce qu'il me faut avec 2 clefs codées qui sont ok, donc pour moi tout est bon.

Mais quand je lis sur de nombreux sites web (anglais, français, espagnol, italien, allemand) et que des motards ont perdu leur clef ou ne se rappelle plus du code utilisateur du tableau de bord cela me fait mal au coeur de voir qu'ils sont désespérés avec leur clef qui qui ne fonctionne plus avec tableau de bord d'occasion sans code usine inconnu.
http://guzzi.webemoi.com/viewtopic.php?t=16589&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Voilà Paul pourquoi je cherche un logiciel qui peut retrouver les codes dans les Tableaux de bord.
Mais de préférence un logiciel que tout le monde peut utiliser facilement.

Mais, attention si quelqu'un veut trafiquer le kilométrage, il peut et là c'est grave.
Sans compter le vol de matériel et moto qui peut être revendu.
Là c'est un problème d'honnêteté, moralité.

C'est quand même délicat, faut voir !

Alors que faire d'un tableau de bord d'occasion si on ne connaît pas le code pour que le transpondeur puisse faire son boulot et que les clefs soient reconnues ?.

Bonne journée Paul/

« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 07:40:31 AM by dynamo »

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #6 on: February 21, 2015, 09:35:00 AM »
I see people fighting with used dashboards and their code too. But for that no need to reprogram the dash, only reading the eprom would do. And as he has proven, it can be done over the connector. The wireloom has a diagnosis connector, so I would suppose that that is enough to do it, since over that interface it should be possible to flash the dashboard.
Paul

Offline dynamo

• New Egg
  • Stelvio 2009 Motor A5
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 11:16:22 AM »
I see people fighting with used dashboards and their code too. But for that no need to reprogram the dash, only reading the eprom would do. And as he has proven, it can be done over the connector. The wireloom has a diagnosis connector, so I would suppose that that is enough to do it, since over that interface it should be possible to flash the dashboard.

Yes Paul !
only reading the eprom would do.
The wireloom has a diagnosis connector, so I would suppose that that is enough to do it, since over that interface it should be possible to flash the dashboard.

I have already read in the forum that Guzzi.fr Mandello confirmed that a eeprom dashboard was flashing and code provided to 00000.
This allows the user code again and recognition 4 keys.

http://forumguzzi.fr/viewtopic.php?p=6640#p6640
L'individu, après avoir fait plusieurs tentatives chez des concessionnaires de la marque, a profité d'un voyage en Italie pour rendre visite à une officine Aprilia réputée, celle-ci aurait éliminé le problème en flaschant le bios gérant le compteur.
L'opération semble prévue dans le manuel Guzzi sous le nom de "MISE À JOUR DU LOGICIEL DU TABLEAU DE BORD", elle nécessite d'avoir l'Axone ou Navigator et le câble de connexion à raccorder au connecteur blanc dédié (logé sous la selle).
Ce flaschage permettrait de repartir avec un compteur semblable à un neuf, code utilisateur rétabli à 0000, et mémoire vierge de clé mémorisée...

C'est peut-être une piste à exploiter... Pour peu que le fichier nécessaire au flashage soit disponible dans la base de données Guzzi, et qu'un consessionnaire puisse obtenir de Piaggio France le détail de la procédure, car ce n'est pas très clair dans le manuel

But it is impossible for biker lambda  ???

here a biker who fights with his dashboard opportunity and code
It is a failure!
http://guzzi.webemoi.com/viewtopic.php?p=214634#214634

paul thank you for your patience and understanding.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 11:52:24 AM by dynamo »

Offline pauldaytona

• Gaggle Hero
    • Paul's fast Guzzi Page
« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 05:02:06 PM »
Since from what I understood from the sr50 guy, the eeprom is holding only minor data, why not get a new blanc  eeprom and put it in? Someone who can solder smd can be found. But maybe it needs some data to be pressent.

Paul

Offline dynamo

• New Egg
  • Stelvio 2009 Motor A5
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2015, 03:27:55 AM »
Since from what I understood from the sr50 guy, the eeprom is holding only minor data, why not get a new blanc  eeprom and put it in? Someone who can solder smd can be found. But maybe it needs some data to be pressent.

Hi ! Paul.

Yes that's right, it's possible to replace a eeprom TDB with a new blanc eeprom.
On the web there are companies specializing in electronics that do and can also read and write the codes in The eeprom.
But it is an approach that bikers do not dare to do and therefore they go round and round with their dysfunction.(code Keys TDB Dashboard)

The solution.
http://www.tmpro2.net/software-module-98
http://www.tmpro2.net/what-transponder-maker
http://www.tmpro2.net/how-program-transponder
http://www.tmpro2.net/how-copy-key
http://www.tmpro2.net/how-program-transponder

« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 03:31:36 AM by dynamo »

Moto

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2018, 11:04:07 AM »
Somehow I missed this thread back when it was new, even though I've been very interested in the topic.

So thanks to the apparent spam user, shina, for bringing it to my attention!

Has anyone followed up on the apparent breakthrough described here back in 2014-2015?

If we only knew what code to send through that white connector under the seat, we could reset the ECU, zeroing the user code (but almost certainly not the mileage).

The products linked by dynamo in his last post, just above the new spam, are still there. There is even a US distributor listed.

Offline Murray

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2018, 03:49:18 PM »

If we only knew what code to send through that white connector under the seat, we could reset the ECU, zeroing the user code (but almost certainly not the mileage).

My impression and I admit I read it pretty rapidly is they got the code via the diagnostics connector on the dash rather than via the general OBDII connector so the ECU of the dash rather than the ECU that actually runs the motor.

Moto

« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2018, 04:43:35 PM »
Yes, the "ECU" of the dash is where  the code is kept on an EEPROM.

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2018, 05:35:46 PM »
Do dealers have the ability to recover key codes or re flash to 00000  ? 

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #14 on: December 20, 2018, 06:29:25 PM »
Just to answer your question. No dealers can not. The PADS or Axone  Tech equipment & software can.  The Tech Rep for Guzzi can do this w/a code from Italy.  I put an update in an Aprilia dash w/Axone.  The Tech equipment has the capability but dealers do not.
I saw our Tech Rep put in a code and made an ecu good again while he talked to Italy.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"

Offline lucian

• Gaggle Hero
« Reply #15 on: December 20, 2018, 06:46:38 PM »
Thank's Steve, I've heard mixed opinions on this.  Seems like a matter of time till someone cracks this nut too. Will make a lot of bike thieves a lot of $    :sad:

Moto

« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2018, 09:49:58 PM »
Just to answer your question. No dealers can not. The PADS or Axone  Tech equipment & software can.  The Tech Rep for Guzzi can do this w/a code from Italy.  I put an update in an Aprilia dash w/Axone.  The Tech equipment has the capability but dealers do not.
I saw our Tech Rep put in a code and made an ecu good again while he talked to Italy.

Thanks for this definitive answer. Would it be reasonable to ask a dealer to ask a Tech Rep to do this, rather than having to buy a new dash? Is the service available to the dealers on demand or does Guzzi prohibit or discourage it in most circumstances? Is there a standard price for the service?

Moto
« Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 08:26:59 AM by Moto »

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #17 on: December 20, 2018, 10:26:32 PM »
Bike thieves don't steal Guzzi's, they can't get rid of them. Just like the dealers.
Some member here posted that his Canadian dealer has hacked dashes for sale, I looked up his location and asked which one of two dealers it was, got no response. So, was it just BS?  Who knows.
If you disconnect the battery from your bike & reconnect it the dash has a code on it, that code is the dash mapping number.
You should contact the guys at the beginning of this old thread for more info.   
All I know is what I've done, and what I've seen done. 

Offline guzzisteve

• Gaggle Hero
  • "Just Ride It"
« Reply #18 on: December 21, 2018, 12:17:58 AM »
Just read Moto question, didn't catch it before.  Guzzi doesn't support the dealers in that capacity for services, that I have seen here in USA. All the info appears to be in Italy on how to enter the dash w/tech equipment.
The updates I put in the dash were in the equipment as an update it got from Aprilia. When the code flashed on the dash you hit the button to update it.  So I would think if the code is on your dash that's when you could enter through the plug under the seat.
Hell, according to those links you can buy the software. 

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here