Wildguzzi.com
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Donation Status
News:
Visit the Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Store
Home
Help
Donations
Advertise
Login
Register
Wildguzzi.com
»
General Category
»
General Discussion
(Moderators:
rocker59
,
Luaps Girl
,
Ncdan
) »
Vancouver Motorcycle Show
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Vancouver Motorcycle Show (Read 10457 times)
Kiwi_Roy
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 10231
Location: New Westminster British Columbia, Canada
Vancouver Motorcycle Show
«
on:
January 22, 2015, 03:57:05 AM »
The lower mainlands biggest motorcycle event is on this weekend.
Don't go to Vancouver though or you will be disappointed ???
http://www.vancouvermotorcycleshow.ca/
https://maps.google.ca/maps?hl=en-CA&gbv=2&ie=UTF-8&fb=1&gl=ca&cid=18199165246929899283&q=tradex+abbotsford&ei=AcrAVKHoEMa4oQSMhYLQCA&ved=0CBMQtQMwAA&output=classic&dg=brw
«
Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 04:03:17 AM by Kiwi_Roy
»
Logged
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since 1921
nosail
Gosling
Posts: 243
Re: Vancouver Motorcycle Show
«
Reply #1 on:
January 22, 2015, 08:04:28 AM »
I see Moto Guzzi is supposed to have a display. Somebody screwed up as they have the boat show on the same weekend and I need new radar for my boat. If I get a chance I may ride out sometime this weekend. When will you be there Roy?
Logged
Rick
2008 MG 1200 Sport in gay pirate black (but it's fast)
2011 V7 Racer #58 in black
2003 V11 LeMans (finally a red Guzzi)
Burnaby, B.C.
Kiwi_Roy
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 10231
Location: New Westminster British Columbia, Canada
Re: Vancouver Motorcycle Show
«
Reply #2 on:
January 22, 2015, 08:19:59 AM »
Ross want's to go Friday but I told him I vowed I would never go to a m/c event in a cage again.
I think a bunch of us are going to the Hilltop in Langley for brecky then riding out to the show on Sunday morning, join us if you get a chance
If we aren't at the Hilltop it will be Porters corner of 216 and Old Yale Rd
«
Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 08:22:24 AM by Kiwi_Roy
»
Logged
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since 1921
nosail
Gosling
Posts: 243
Re: Vancouver Motorcycle Show
«
Reply #3 on:
January 22, 2015, 09:09:04 AM »
PM me the time and place and I may see you there.
Logged
Rick
2008 MG 1200 Sport in gay pirate black (but it's fast)
2011 V7 Racer #58 in black
2003 V11 LeMans (finally a red Guzzi)
Burnaby, B.C.
Kiwi_Roy
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 10231
Location: New Westminster British Columbia, Canada
Re: Vancouver Motorcycle Show
«
Reply #4 on:
January 24, 2015, 05:56:02 AM »
Bump
Logged
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since 1921
Kiwi_Roy
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 10231
Location: New Westminster British Columbia, Canada
Re: Vancouver Motorcycle Show
«
Reply #5 on:
January 26, 2015, 11:27:40 AM »
Moto Guzzi was well represented by the Chilliwack dealer who had 3 1400s, a Stelvio, a Grizzo, a Norge and a range of V7s to drool over.
I was sitting on a V7 (hard seat) when Gord the owner came over. he told me the V7s and Stelvios are big sellers.
"so what do you ride Gord", I said
"either my Eldorado or my Ambo", he replied ;-T
Logged
17 V7III Special
76 Convert
Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since 1921
brenwin
Easy does it .
Gosling
Posts: 217
Location: West coast
Re: Vancouver Motorcycle Show
«
Reply #6 on:
January 26, 2015, 04:24:05 PM »
I drove down island Friday from Courtenay with 4 other enthusiasts , caught the 6:30 out of Horseshoe Bay and did the show . Best Guzzi display ever , really quite impressive .
There wasn't a Guzzi display at the Seattle bike show according to a friend who attended . I guess the numbers are better here per capita ? Surprising Moto Int wasn't there but must be a good reason for their absence .
We weren't disappointed with the show but would of liked to see the new Indian as was written up in the show catalogue . Pretty sure it wasn't there ?
Our only negative comment was not enough screaming deals on apparel . There used to be many vendors there selling good stuff for reasonable prices in an area now vacant . Another indication of a soft market .
Logged
2015 Griso 1200SE
2004 V11 Ballabio (red)
1973 Eldorado
Yukonica
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 1096
Location: Yukon Territory, Canada
Re: Vancouver Motorcycle Show
«
Reply #7 on:
January 26, 2015, 11:04:15 PM »
Gord is, in my mind, "the Guy" An actual enthusiast who tries to make an honest living from his passion.
In a different time/world I've been there and it isn't a pretty place.
Cheap-ass buyers trying to scam the best deal regardless of the cost to anyone else.
"I want free advice; and can I borrow that wrench?"
'You want ???? $ for ... ?? I can get it off Ebay for....$!'
"... but Can I borrow that wrench?"
I got so sick of those cheap-ass whiners I left an industry.
Gord: you are a Saint.
I bought a bike from him; he packed it and shipped it to Yukon then followed up with a couple calls to be sure everything was right.
Three or four weeks into the deal my shifter went AWOL on a day run. It took him a month working with Piaggio to understand they were not going to help. He pulled a lever off a new bike on his showroom floor and sent it to me FOB Whitehorse. AKA free.
This guy is a class act.
We all want a 'good deal' but a good deal in my mind is keeping people like him in business.
Logged
One may write one's destiny but the unknown delivers it.
brenwin
Easy does it .
Gosling
Posts: 217
Location: West coast
Re: Vancouver Motorcycle Show
«
Reply #8 on:
January 28, 2015, 12:18:39 PM »
I trucked my Stelvio all the way from Courtenay , across the pond to Chilliwack because of my unwavering faith in Gord . His passion is infectious and lots of times I wish I was living on the lower mainland just to be closer to real Guzzi enthusiasts who get together on a regular basis , have breakfasts and ride a lot . Anyway , I've never doubted the terrific service from Gord and Gord at Valley Moto ! Thanks guys and no rush on the Stelvio , I know its in the best hands .
Logged
2015 Griso 1200SE
2004 V11 Ballabio (red)
1973 Eldorado
Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
Wildguzzi.com
»
General Category
»
General Discussion
(Moderators:
rocker59
,
Luaps Girl
,
Ncdan
) »
Vancouver Motorcycle Show
Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here