Author Topic: Does anyone have a diagram or link to a diagram for the 850T torque brake rod?  (Read 4588 times)

Offline NCAmother

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 867
Looks like I'm missing the torque rod (I think that's what its called) that connects the break pedal to the linkage at the rear drum.  I have a pair of tarrozzi rear sets, fabricating linkage to the transmission seems doable but I'm having trouble imagining how to build a connection from the brake pedal to the brake drum rod.
Howdy

Offline guzzista

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1072
  • Location: SF Bay Area
1975 750S Tribute bike, 1994 Cali 1100, 2007 Ducati GT1000, 1983 SP1000, 1973 V7Sport project, 2017 California1400 Touring

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 15177
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
  • Location: Rohrersville, Maryland
Page 17 here: http://www.thisoldtractor.com/mg_manuals/spare_parts_catalog_t.pdf shows the foot control and linkage.
Charlie

Offline NCAmother

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 867
Page 17 here: http://www.thisoldtractor.com/mg_manuals/spare_parts_catalog_t.pdf shows the foot control and linkage.
Yes, thank you.  I'm missing quite a few parts, and wonder if this would even work the the Tarrozzis.  What are your thoughts on a cable actuated rear drum?
Howdy

Offline Antietam Classic Cycle

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 15177
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
  • Location: Rohrersville, Maryland
Early V7 Sports had cable operated rear drum - left foot pedal though.

Charlie

Offline Tom

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 28883
Y'ep, have one on my V7 Sport 1973.
From the Deep Deep South out in left field.  There are no stupid questions.  There are however stupid people asking questions.  🤣, this includes me.  😉 Hawaii.

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here