Author Topic: California 1400 Windshield - turbulence  (Read 20086 times)

Offline JohninVT

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 783
Re: California 1400 Windshield - turbulence
« Reply #30 on: April 09, 2018, 05:02:47 AM »
Resurrecting an old thread. 

I really like my California 1400 and the touring windshield is the perfect height.  However, going over 60mph results in so much buffeting I briefly removed the windshield.  Like another poster mentioned, the longer allen buttonheads are hard to find so I could only shim out the bottom about 3/16ths.  That's not going to cut it.  Two questions; 1)does the laminar lip impede your line of sight at all?  I'm 5' 11" and I don't want to have to cut down the shield if that's the case.  2)if you could only choose one would you get the Guzzi winglets or the laminar lip?  Thanks.   

Lcarlson

  • Guest
Re: California 1400 Windshield - turbulence
« Reply #31 on: April 09, 2018, 05:37:05 AM »
Winglets, definitely. They do the job. FWIW, I have my Touring shield cut down 2 inches — the top of it stock fell right in my line of sight.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2018, 05:37:42 AM by Lcarlson »

Offline groundhog105

  • Gaggle Mentor
  • ****
  • Posts: 476
  • Location: Winchester California
Re: California 1400 Windshield - turbulence
« Reply #32 on: April 09, 2018, 11:06:14 PM »
I just installed a MRA X screen tour on the stock touring screen that the previous owner had cut down.  The turbulence was horrible and the MRA got rid of most of it. 

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here