Author Topic: Mrs Peel, We're needed. RIP Patrick MacNee.  (Read 3789 times)

Offline rodekyll

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 21218
  • Not my real name
Mrs Peel, We're needed. RIP Patrick MacNee.
« on: June 25, 2015, 11:31:09 PM »
He's dead, Jim. 93.  :cry:

Penderic

  • Guest
Re: Mrs Peel, We're needed. RIP Patrick MacNee.
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2015, 02:04:29 AM »
Making it to 93 is pretty good. I remember him mainly as the very neatly attired Mr. Steed, the British gentlemen, in his TV Avenger role.

Of course I was looking more at his co star, the lovely Mrs. Peel played by Dianna Rigg

Offline rodekyll

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 21218
  • Not my real name
Re: Mrs Peel, We're needed. RIP Patrick MacNee.
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2015, 02:57:38 AM »
Diana Rigg is a recurring character on WG.  Without Macnee she would not have been possible.  And for that, we thank you!

Vasco DG

  • Guest
Re: Mrs Peel, We're needed. RIP Patrick MacNee.
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2015, 05:33:34 AM »
I used to be matey with her nephew. She cooked me breakfast once, (Diana Rigg that is.) really nice, unassuming woman who loved teasing a teenage boy! :D

Pete

56Pan

  • Guest
Re: Mrs Peel, We're needed. RIP Patrick MacNee.
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2015, 06:15:06 AM »
I used to be matey with her nephew. She cooked me breakfast once, (Diana Rigg that is.) really nice, unassuming woman who loved teasing a teenage boy! :D

Pete

Teasing.  Drove him batshit crazy more like.  That was/is one handsome woman.  :boozing:

Offline T in NC

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2114
  • non e il rumore, e la musica
Re: Mrs Peel, We're needed. RIP Patrick MacNee.
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2015, 06:30:02 AM »
Wow, I remember living for Wed. night at 8. He was in a HBO made in the 80s called "Sea Lions", I think. It stared all the the aging British spy types. Mcnee, Moore, Connery....., I think I'll look it up on netflix  or youtube tonight,












Steve Stamilio

EVDavid

  • Guest
Re: Mrs Peel, We're needed. RIP Patrick MacNee.
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2015, 07:45:09 AM »
I used to be matey with her nephew. She cooked me breakfast once, (Diana Rigg that is.) really nice, unassuming woman who loved teasing a teenage boy! :D

Pete
Her brother was an air force fighter pilot, Lightnings I think.

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here