Author Topic: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage  (Read 5374 times)

Online Ncdan

  • Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 6313
Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« on: March 22, 2018, 11:47:15 AM »
Any of you guys being held hosing this garbage malware virus, Amazon “ you have been selected “ crap!
It’s got so bad I couldn’t even communicate here. I went to a different server to get away from these attacks on out communication system.

Offline slopokes

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 999
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 12:15:41 PM »
I too am being bombarded with this crap.😢

Offline Park Ridge Phil

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 739
  • Location: Chicago area
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2018, 12:21:28 PM »
Yep.

Online Wayne Orwig

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 14138
    • Hog Mountain weather
  • Location: Hog Mountain
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2018, 01:17:10 PM »
Nothing here.
Is it a popup ad or emails, or what?
Good judgement comes from experience.
And experience. That comes from poor judgement.

Online AJ Huff

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4263
  • Location: College Community IA
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2018, 01:18:01 PM »
All goes to my spam folder. I never even consider opening them.

-AJ
'71 Ambassador
'01 California Special
'05 Road King
MGNOC# L-753

Offline Markcarovilli

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1081
  • Location: NE Ohio
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2018, 01:29:57 PM »
yep I have had it also - takes over the URL I guess and I just close down the browser and start over....

Mark

Offline Steve Cas

  • Gaggle Mentor
  • ****
  • *
  • Posts: 315
  • Location: Milford, CT & VT
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2018, 01:47:27 PM »
It happens to me a lot when I use my I-phone to access the discussion site. Usually lasts for 2-3 days then disappears for a week of so. Annoying for sure.

Online Wayne Orwig

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 14138
    • Hog Mountain weather
  • Location: Hog Mountain
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2018, 01:58:17 PM »
It happens to me a lot when I use my I-phone

I was told iPhones never have problems like that. I am confused.

 :rolleyes:
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 02:14:47 PM by Wayne Orwig »
Good judgement comes from experience.
And experience. That comes from poor judgement.

Offline Guzzi Gal

  • MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1686
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
  • Location: Phoenix, AZ.
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #8 on: March 22, 2018, 01:59:30 PM »
It happens to me a lot when I use my I-phone to access the discussion site. Usually lasts for 2-3 days then disappears for a week or so. Annoying for sure.

The same happened to me last week when visiting WG on my iPhone and lasted 2 days.  I haven't had it repeat as of yet.
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline groundhog105

  • Gaggle Mentor
  • ****
  • Posts: 476
  • Location: Winchester California
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2018, 03:10:04 PM »
Yep,  I’m sick of those things

Offline stmike

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 576
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2018, 03:14:55 PM »
Same here, on this and one other forum. But only on my iPad.

Offline Mr Pootle

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 540
  • Location: Live in Leeds
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2018, 03:33:10 PM »
It’s no respecter of continents. I had it for a couple of weeks on this forum and a Jaguar one.

Online rodekyll

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 21218
  • Not my real name
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2018, 03:35:09 PM »
Never seen this on my android or windows machines.  You say it's on web pages, or is it in email?

Offline ITSec

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3040
  • Location: Southwestern US
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2018, 03:46:52 PM »
I never see it at all.

I use a locked down version of Firefox for main browser on all platforms, a locked down (and totally not carrier controlled) Android phone, and I seldom use the phone for browsing.
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Offline Guzzi Gal

  • MOTO GUZZI~Because your heart is in the bike, and the bike is in your heart. ~Huzo~
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1686
    • Sonoran Sunriders, YouTube
  • Location: Phoenix, AZ.
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #14 on: March 22, 2018, 03:49:45 PM »
I never see it at all.

I use a locked down version of Firefox for main browser on all platforms, a locked down (and totally not carrier controlled) Android phone, and I seldom use the phone for browsing.

For me it was a full screen redirect that was easily closed but only on my iPhone.
:bow: Thanks for enabling my MG obsession! :bow:
"Anni" '17 Moto Guzzi V7 III Anniversario #220/1000,
"Velvet" '16 Honda CTX 700,
"Brigitte", AKA "Gigi" '13 Vespa GTS 300ie,
"Grey Wind" '12 Vespa GTS 300 Super,  
The twin '16 Honda Metropolitans
"Miri" and Mori"

Offline yogidozer

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2920
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2018, 05:24:38 PM »
I get TONS of spam from office@fieldhearth. is that connected to amazon?

Offline Lannis

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 26504
  • Location: Central Virginia
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2018, 05:28:44 PM »
Nothing here.
Is it a popup ad or emails, or what?

Nobody's answering ... ?  Haven't seen anything like it myself, just wondering how it "gets in".

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Online Wayne Orwig

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 14138
    • Hog Mountain weather
  • Location: Hog Mountain
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2018, 06:11:26 PM »
Nobody's answering ... ?  Haven't seen anything like it myself, just wondering how it "gets in".

Must be an Apple thing. Nothing on my Windows or Android devices.
Good judgement comes from experience.
And experience. That comes from poor judgement.

Online StuCorpe

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1154
  • Location: Traverse City, MI
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2018, 06:15:57 PM »
Oh no, a virus for an apple?  I know nothing about it but have not seen it on my Windows or Linux machines.

Offline stmike

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 576
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2018, 06:38:16 PM »
Nobody's answering ... ?  Haven't seen anything like it myself, just wondering how it "gets in".

Lannis
Yes, a pop up that takes over the page and it takes a bit of effort to get the page reloaded, only all too often see this pop up reappear.

Online rodekyll

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 21218
  • Not my real name
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #20 on: March 22, 2018, 06:59:44 PM »
It would help if the folks experiencing this disclosed their operating system.  So far it's looking like an Apple OS problem.  I don't want to jump to conclusions though.

Offline Lannis

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 26504
  • Location: Central Virginia
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2018, 08:03:10 PM »
Must be an Apple thing. Nothing on my Windows or Android devices.

Haven't seen anything of the sort on my Apple .... I'll know what to look for though, now ....

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Offline Sasquatch Jim

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 9600
  • Sidecar - Best drive by shooting vehicle ever
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2018, 08:04:27 PM »
 Call Amazon on the phone and tell them that if it doesn't stop you will never shop Amazon again.
 If enough people do this it may have an effect.
Sasquatch Jim        Humanoid, sort of.

Offline ITSec

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 3040
  • Location: Southwestern US
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #23 on: March 22, 2018, 08:07:25 PM »
Oh no, a virus for an apple?  I know nothing about it but have not seen it on my Windows or Linux machines.

It's likely not a true virus, but a forced redirect over-riding the browser. This is easily done on any platform if the browser is not locked down.

And for those who think iOS, MacOS, Linux, or any other OS is resistant to malware? You are part of what keeps me in business.  :evil:
ITSecurity
2012 Griso 8v SE - Tenni Green
2013 Stelvio NTX - Copper
2008 Norge GT - Silver

I am but mad north-northwest!
When the wind is southerly, I can tell a hawk from a handsaw...

Online Ncdan

  • Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 6313
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #24 on: March 22, 2018, 08:20:14 PM »
My wife fixed mine. She is going to tell you guys how to rid this problem.

Wife:
Hey guys- if clearing your history didn�t work (didn�t for us) you can go into your phone�s settings to �internet� (iPhone would be �safari�) and change your search engine to differnt one. The amazon/whatever pop up can be linked to the search engine.  Danny can now access this guzzi board through yahoo or bing, etc., but not google ( stupid pop up still comes up here on google). This doesn�t fix the problem of the pop up existing  but should allow you to access what you need via another �route�.   You can probably access this site (whatever site pop up is blocking on your phone ) on another device (tablet, laptop etc).  Hope this helps. 

Online rodekyll

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 21218
  • Not my real name
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #25 on: March 22, 2018, 08:25:44 PM »
It could be platform independent, but it could be hidden in a system or app update or exploiting a hole in a system or app.  I look for patterns.  That's why I was asking.   :smiley:

And yes, the folks who thought they were impervious to malware, hacks, and other nasties were the mainstay of my business, too.  As a support tech my business was best used preventively, but mostly used reactively.  Sometimes I wanted to rename the shop VIRI-R-US.  It's a funny name if you think about it with a drawl.

Offline Green1000S

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1332
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #26 on: March 22, 2018, 08:32:40 PM »
iPhone 6 and this “winner on Amazon” crap is only present at WildGuzzi.
All other sites I don’t experience it. Got so bad that every single time I opened WildGuzzi, I got the message. Next morning it was gone. Reappeared few days later. It’s been a nuisance about 1 week now.
Never happens on my computer.
Lauri
2014 Green Stelvio NTX
2016 Stornello #101
1972 Bultaco Matador SD
2016 KTM Duke 390
49cc 1921 Guzzi Board Track Racer;-)
1968 Riverside MW 125
1972 Bultaco Matador M82 Six Days
2 Robin's + 1/2 doz other mopeds

Ciao!

Offline Lannis

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 26504
  • Location: Central Virginia
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #27 on: March 22, 2018, 08:35:39 PM »
It's likely not a true virus, but a forced redirect over-riding the browser. This is easily done on any platform if the browser is not locked down.

And for those who think iOS, MacOS, Linux, or any other OS is resistant to malware? You are part of what keeps me in business.  :evil:

Well, now, some of us who keep you (or guys in your line of work) in business are proactive folks who don't depend on some delusion about Apple's being immune to malware, but who pay you a monthly or annual fee (I have two) to keep our systems up to date, protected against known or impending threats, and cleaned up.

That's not a bad thing is it?   Works for me - I've never been gigged by a virus or intrusive threat, and I don't get "spam" Emails .... Costs some money, but it's the price of hiring bodyguards in this sometimes ugly world ...

Lannis
"Hard pounding, this, gentlemen; let's see who pounds the longest".

Online Ncdan

  • Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 6313
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2018, 08:39:45 PM »
iPhone 6 and this �winner on Amazon� crap is only present at WildGuzzi.
All other sites I don�t experience it. Got so bad that every single time I opened WildGuzzi, I got the message. Next morning it was gone. Reappeared few days later. It�s been a nuisance about 1 week now.
Never happens on my computer.
Green, not only on the guzzi site for me but worse. It got so bad I had to just shut it off out of frustration. It�s fixed now for me.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 08:43:43 PM by Ncdan »

Online Ncdan

  • Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 6313
Re: Being hijacked by CONGRATULATIONS AMAZON.com garbage
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2018, 08:42:12 PM »
Call Amazon on the phone and tell them that if it doesn't stop you will never shop Amazon again.
 If enough people do this it may have an effect.
Jim, my research indicates
Green, not only on the guzzi site for me but worse. It got so bad I had to just shut it off out of frustration. It�s fixed now for me.
my research indicates it�s not Amazon it�s a malware virus and has nothing to do with Amazon
« Last Edit: March 23, 2018, 12:07:36 PM by Ncdan »

 


NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here