Author Topic: Is the Cal III front fender/fork lowers the same as the Cal II?  (Read 1609 times)

Offline brider

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1599
The question is based on the Tarozzi P/N 28-0017 fork brace, which is listed for the "1000 1987 California" model. I assume that must mean the Cal III.

I looked at Greg Bender's site but found no mention of distinction between the Cal II and Cal III front ends.

Anyone know off-hand?
'85 Cal II Auto
'71 Ambo project
'02 GasGas EC300
'07 Norge
'05 KTM 950 Adventure
Wish'd I'd never sold:
'72 Red Eldo
'74 White Eldo LAPD
'77 Convert with DB bags
'06 Gas Gas EC300
'86 LM IV

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 15172
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
  • Location: Rohrersville, Maryland
Re: Is the Cal III front fender/fork lowers the same as the Cal II?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 02:24:26 PM »
I think the listing is incorrect. The Cal III has different forks, already with a brace/fender mount that bolts to them. The brace/fender mount is #16 in this illustration.





I think Tarozzi P/N 28-0017 is actually for the Cal II up to '86.
Charlie

Online Antietam Classic Cycle

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 15172
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
  • Location: Rohrersville, Maryland
Charlie

Offline brider

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1599
Re: Is the Cal III front fender/fork lowers the same as the Cal II?
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2018, 03:21:05 PM »
Here's a chart with dimensions: http://www.fastfromthepast.com/PDF/fork_brace_dimensions.pdf

What the.....I missed the link to that chart when I looked at the site today...but I remember looking at it before.

Thanks again, I guess I'll know for sure when I try to bolt it up!
'85 Cal II Auto
'71 Ambo project
'02 GasGas EC300
'07 Norge
'05 KTM 950 Adventure
Wish'd I'd never sold:
'72 Red Eldo
'74 White Eldo LAPD
'77 Convert with DB bags
'06 Gas Gas EC300
'86 LM IV

***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here
 


NEW WILDGUZZI PRODUCT - Moto Guzzi Door Mat
Receive donation credit with door mat purchase!
Advertise Here