New Moto Guzzi Door Mats Available Now
Thank you for posting the picture and video, Nick. Your scenery looks a lot like ours, at the moment. Of course I'm missing the reality, but I'll send your link on to friend. He has 2 Panther's plus one in a basket. None are running, but he has plans. Your Panther looks great and sounds great. Good work throughout. Good fortune, R3~
Nick, come back, you're going backwards in time!...and getting slower...and leaky--er...and noisy-er...Leather helmet and googles next?So cool
Very much the same idea as your Nuovo Falcone but earlier technology ...How does it compare out on the road?Lannis
Much more grunt. An extra 150cc and a 4.2 inch stroke make a difference. I hardly needed to change down at all for corners and it barely loses any speed on hills without changing the throttle setting. Not as smooth. Probably about the same overall speed but better pickup. Handling is surprisingly stable and neutral but not as agile as the NF. Brakes are what one would expect - back good, front weak. The NF is a Cadillac ride - the Panther more like a Model T.Very occasionally I've briefly ventured on to major highways (for an intersection or two) with the NF and wound it up to....60 or so for a mile or two. I'm not sure I'd want to do that to the Panther, although the engine internals are very new and they may loosen up as time goes by.Nick
I've always wanted a Panther.One in Texas came up on Ebay recently and I was drawn closely to trying to buy it. I didn't. I got picky at the last moment because I wanted the bigger version.Nick, that NF of yours must have dried grease in the bearings or something. I can run mine at 70 with an occasional jaunt up to 80. Heck it'll even approach 90 in a hurry ------------(on a steep downhill grade).
But the speedo's in kilometres Leafman Nick
What's a kilometer??.
You're not serious surely? 0.62 of a mile.
Had (briefly) a 49 Panther 600. Bought it at lunchtime. That night in the back yard at my parent's place, attempted to kick it over. No half compression lever, no compressor relief on the handlebars to get over top dead centre, bare feet (this was the 60's), at about 9 stone wringing wet I could stand on the kickstarter all day and it wouldn't move.Jumped on the kickstarter to get it over compression and it backfired when my foot was half off the kickstarter (without a rubber in the lever).I lay on the ground for some time, not even able to swear as it was so painful.Eventually got it started and went for a ride. Probably 1000 yards hence the motor stopped.Didn't really know what I was doing and put it on the rear stand, flooded the carburettor massively.Kickstarted the reluctant beast. Backfired through the carburettor (with no air cleaner), caught fire.The fuel pipe was plastic which soon burnt and fed the flames with plenty of intensity.Fire Brigade came and put the flames out. Bike totally stuffed. Bill from the Fire Brigade.So ended my first experience of a motorcycle after a D model Lambretta with a front brake that didn't really work.
Panthers were made in Cleckheaton, a small Yorkshire town just a few miles from Leeds, and heading toward Last of the Summer Wine country.Most of the vehicle manufacture in the UK was carried out in the West Midlands, but Yorkshire had the Panther, and an iconic motorcar which ceased production at about the same time, the Jowett.
15.3 miles to be exact , which in Yorkshire can take an hour LOTSW , greatest show ever Dusty
Especially if you go via Huddersfield, which boasts the national collection of traffic lights.