New Moto Guzzi Door Mats Available Now
Maybe the place to be to spot Guzzis is in Germany (??) Seem to be well-accepted there.Bob
Thats very surprising. What were the police riding?Rick
Just came back after spending 3 months in Lucca Italy and the only Guzzis i saw were in the show-room of the local dealer. Plenty of Ducatis and Japs, but NOT ONE MG was spotted on the roads, so sad! And btw, I traveled from the northern part of Liguria east to Bolgona to Piombino in southern tuscany during my stay and just did not see any MGs.
I'm off to Pisa in a couple of days so it looks like I'll have to put Lucca on the list.
Next time your in Italy take a look at the Guzzi Factory museum on the edge of the beautiful Lake Como, as for spotting Guzzi's I took a ride a couple of years ago down to the heel of Italy and could have counted the Guzzi's on one hand during the trip, however, if you visit one of the large classic rallies in Italy there are normally Guzzi's abound or visit the annual pilgrimage to the Moto Guzzi bash.I'm off to Pisa in a couple of days so it looks like I'll have to put Lucca on the list, Lastly, I'm considering fitting a Corbin saddle to my 2011 Calvin and would appreciate any feedback on this saddle before spending the money. Keep the shinny side up.
I'd advise a couple of hours in Pisa, enough to see the obvious tourist sites, and the rest of any available free time in Lucca. A friend lives in Viareggio and taught me his well choreographed routine along those lines for use when showing others around. (I've subsequently been through the area with groups a couple of times)
I agree with the few hours in Pisa, and then move on. In fact Pisa is 20 mins by train from Lucca, you could stay in Lucca or alternately in Viareggio. Both Lucca, Pisa and Viareggio are well connected by short train rides. While we are on the subject, least anyone be surprised if they are planning on visiting Italy this year, China has invaded Europe!! Well, not quite but it sure seems like it. The Chinese, have discovered Europe and are in all the major tourist sites in hordes. Like ants they form long lines, dressed similar, being led by a flag or umbrella leader and when anyone breaks through the line, like ants, they quickly close ranks. And every shop owner or local that I spoke to without any hesitation stated, the Chinese are the worst tourist in the world. In fact, outside the Louvre in Paris, there's a sign in Mandarin which tells visitors not to defecate in the surrounding grounds. This sign is only written in Mandarin Chinese. And I was in a restaurant near Abetone and a group of Chinese were nosily having dinner and a group of 4 Italian men got up went to the owner and told him that they were leaving after only eating part of their primo or first course and when asked what was wrong they simply looked at the Chinese who were being loud, taking photos of each other etc. As anyone knows who has spent time in Italy most restaurants are fairly small, and on average are very quiet....anyway, no guzzis in Abetone either, but plenty of chinamen!
They have replaced�The Ugly American �
They still exist. They come to Hawaii.