Author Topic: 1100EV  (Read 8463 times)

Offline Jerryd

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1943
1100EV
« on: November 27, 2018, 11:04:20 AM »
I've always liked the look of the EV1100 in this color. I wonder if there's one around for sale :wink:

Jerry
Florida

Offline Kiwi_Roy

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 10231
  • Location: New Westminster British Columbia, Canada
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2018, 04:15:14 PM »
One thing I would look for, in 98 they came with tubeless rims.

I think the later ones came with a smaller ECU that can be configured with GuzziDiag, the big old Pizza box P8 is one thing I didn't like about mine.
17 V7III Special
76 Convert

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since 1921

Offline Groover

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2945
  • If it ain't broke, I'll break it.
    • Scooteropolis
  • Location: Columbus, Ohio
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2018, 04:23:29 PM »
Ask and you shall receive

https://scranton.craigslist.org/mcy/6729930743.html (no affiliation here, just found it on Craigslist)

Next order please..  :azn:
1981 Moto Guzzi V1000G5
1987 Moto Guzzi LM1000SE, a
1987 Moto Guzzi LM1000SE, b
1980 Piaggio Vespa P200E
1980 Piaggio Vespa P125X
1980 Vespa Grande Moped
1980 Vespa SI Moped
http://scooteropolis.com/

Offline Kiwi_Roy

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 10231
  • Location: New Westminster British Columbia, Canada
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2018, 05:03:20 PM »
That's a nice one at a good price
Has the tubeless rims we like.
2001
17 V7III Special
76 Convert

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since 1921

Offline rodekyll

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 21218
  • Not my real name
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2018, 07:29:26 PM »
I've got a black and chrome hydro EVT that will be ready for sale as soon as I get the cam recall done.  Bike has 204 miles on it.  I'm claiming it to be in "showroom adjacent" condition.

Offline radguzzi

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 7351
  • N 44° 01.233 W 069° 41.267 ~ Midcoast, Maine USA
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2018, 07:48:34 PM »
That's a nice one at a good price

I love the line "The usual patina and character for a bike with 56 thousand miles."

Patina, as if it is antique… lol 

Nice looking EV


08 Norge 1200 GT
04 EVT
01 V11 Sport
'99 EV Hack
'76 V1000 'Vert
'86 LeMans 1000
'80 SP 1000 Two (2) actually
2013 Harley FLHTC
'75 Triumph T160 Trident
'78 Triumph T140V Bonneville
'76 Honda CB550 Four
'88 Honda Hawk GT
'84 RZ350 KR
'71 Dalesman Trials

'68 VW
'73 MGB

The Journey is the Reward

Offline radguzzi

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 7351
  • N 44° 01.233 W 069° 41.267 ~ Midcoast, Maine USA
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2018, 08:26:48 PM »

I have owned a ton of EVs, loved every color for different reasons.  Still have a couple.

We had two '99 models of this color, well three, the Hack is still here.






The first '04 Touring that we bought new... 






Probably this is my favorite color though.  The current '04 Touring.






Good luck in your search Jerry...

Best,
Rob


08 Norge 1200 GT
04 EVT
01 V11 Sport
'99 EV Hack
'76 V1000 'Vert
'86 LeMans 1000
'80 SP 1000 Two (2) actually
2013 Harley FLHTC
'75 Triumph T160 Trident
'78 Triumph T140V Bonneville
'76 Honda CB550 Four
'88 Honda Hawk GT
'84 RZ350 KR
'71 Dalesman Trials

'68 VW
'73 MGB

The Journey is the Reward

Offline Italianmotofest

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 48
    • Mid-Atlantic Italian Motorcycle Festival
  • Location: Shepherdstown, WV
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2018, 08:44:08 PM »
I believe that Winchester Motosport has one for sale. 1998 in superb condition. Same color as the one you posted. It's nicely equipped with bags and windshield.

Winchester, VA
540.722.2688
Bill

Some might say that you are just too much.
Those are not your people!

Offline xackley

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 233
  • Location: finger lakes in new york
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2018, 12:01:24 AM »
Ask and you shall receive

https://scranton.craigslist.org/mcy/6729930743.html (no affiliation here, just found it on Craigslist)

Next order please..  :azn:




That red one was also for sale when I bought mine. The guy was talking about moving to florida.
Other than what I would consider maintenance, the one he sold me rides great. I didn't check out the red one in any detail.
1958 R69 BMW, 1972 R75/5, 1980 yamaha XS650, 1982 GL1100, 2003 EV, 2007 Triumph America and 2017 V7!!!
All on the road, going nowhere in particular.

Offline Jerryd

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1943
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2018, 10:33:47 AM »
I have owned a ton of EVs, loved every color for different reasons.  Still have a couple.

We had two '99 models of this color, well three, the Hack is still here.






The first '04 Touring that we bought new... 






Probably this is my favorite color though.  The current '04 Touring.






Good luck in your search Jerry...

Best,
Rob

Hey Rob,

I had a black/grey one like your first picture, and a black CalVin. Its just that I always liked the  red/white combo..
Jerry
Florida

Offline Jerryd

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1943
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2018, 10:34:55 AM »
I believe that Winchester Motosport has one for sale. 1998 in superb condition. Same color as the one you posted. It's nicely equipped with bags and windshield.

Winchester, VA
540.722.2688

Thanks Bill!
Jerry
Florida

Offline Jerryd

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1943
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2018, 02:16:50 PM »
I believe that Winchester Motosport has one for sale. 1998 in superb condition. Same color as the one you posted. It's nicely equipped with bags and windshield.

Winchester, VA
540.722.2688

Hi Bill,

I called Winchester and the only thing he was aware of was a '98 hot dog and mustard that belonged to one of his customers.

Jerry
Jerry
Florida

Offline pehayes

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4806
    • Falcone Touring
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2018, 02:23:51 PM »
Referencing the differences between the 98 and the 2001.
I think the picture posted by the OP is a 98.  The red is just red and the white is slightly off-white to creamish.
On the 2001, I think both the red and white are metalic and the white is a bit more silverish.

As to the tubeless wheels, I think the 2001 wheels are chromed, have fewer spokes with more spacing between, and less grooving in the rim surface which might make them easier to maintain.  Hard work on the fingers to keep up with the 98 aluminum.

Significantly different computers.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Offline Kiwi_Roy

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 10231
  • Location: New Westminster British Columbia, Canada
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2018, 02:41:10 PM »
Patrick, what year did they change to the 15M ECU, that would be the desirable one wouldn't it?
Carl's drawing shows it but my 98 still had the old P8
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 02:42:25 PM by Kiwi_Roy »
17 V7III Special
76 Convert

Moto Guzzi - making electricians out of riders since 1921

Offline Jerryd

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1943
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2018, 03:48:56 PM »
Patrick, what year did they change to the 15M ECU, that would be the desirable one wouldn't it?
Carl's drawing shows it but my 98 still had the old P8

Good question!
Jerry
Florida

Offline Ncdan

  • Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 6311
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2018, 04:11:07 PM »
Here is my first guzzi 05 EV, greT bike.... I should have kept it. Maintenance free and plenty of power. A guy drone all the way to NC from MI to get her. I think he totaled it a short time later.


Offline Chuck in Indiana

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 29696
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2018, 05:01:51 PM »
Patrick, what year did they change to the 15M ECU, that would be the desirable one wouldn't it?
Carl's drawing shows it but my 98 still had the old P8

2000 for sure.. I don't know about 1999.
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal
 
87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
26 Triumph trident 800
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it."

Mike Tyson

Offline pehayes

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4806
    • Falcone Touring
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2018, 05:30:19 PM »
This was an odd series of bikes.
In 1998 there was only one Tonti bike, the EV-1100 which had the big P8 computer mounted under the seat.  The seat pan had a ridge to pass over the computer but it was painful to the butt.
In 1999 they introduced the upscale BASSA and downscale JACKAL both of which had the smaller M15 computer.  The smaller computer was relocated out from under the seat to the right side-cover.  Oddly they continued using the painful seat base.
I don't think there was an actual 99EV unless it was a leftover.  Technically I don't think they produced a 99 or 00 EV.
The Bassa and Jackal went through a variety of name variations based on details, paint schemes, etc.  Stone, Titanium, Special Sport, etc.
In 2001, they re-introduced another EV with the M15 and with easier to maintain chrome tubeless wheels.

I can't find a website to verify or improve this data. 

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

Offline Chuck in Indiana

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 29696
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2018, 06:08:12 PM »
Sounds good, Patrick.. :thumb:
Chuck in (Elwood) Indiana/sometimes SoCal
 
87 AeroLario
95 Skorpion tour
26 Triumph trident 800
"Social media made y'all way too comfortable with disrespecting people and not getting punched in the face for it."

Mike Tyson

Offline Italianmotofest

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 48
    • Mid-Atlantic Italian Motorcycle Festival
  • Location: Shepherdstown, WV
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2018, 06:10:10 PM »
Hi Bill,

I called Winchester and the only thing he was aware of was a '98 hot dog and mustard that belonged to one of his customers.

Jerry

Hey Jerry, things may have changed there but I doubt it. I haven't seen a hot dog color EV there for a number of years. I expect to be going back in the next couple of days. I'll check and perhaps take a pic for you.

The reason I'm confident in the color is that I have been considering buying it myself!
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 06:11:08 PM by Italianmotofest »
Bill

Some might say that you are just too much.
Those are not your people!

Loop Tonti EV

  • Guest
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2018, 06:25:56 PM »
I have a 2001 EV that I bought new. It has the alloy tubeless wheels (polished), not the chrome wheels. It has the 15m ecu. It's metallic red and pearl white. 2001 was the only year for that color. I fell in love with the color when I saw it at the open house in April of that year. This has been a great motorcycle. It now has just shy of 110,000 miles on it and still runs like new. It has the original clutch & original u-joint. I changed the rear drive to a 7/33 and never looked back. I think this was one of the best years for the EV. I've had numerous Guzzis over the past 46 years and this is one of the best of all.

Offline steveford

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1697
  • 2014 California Touring!!! I love this BIKE!!!
  • Location: Vancouver Wa.
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #21 on: November 29, 2018, 12:49:24 AM »
Referencing the differences between the 98 and the 2001.
I think the picture posted by the OP is a 98.  The red is just red and the white is slightly off-white to creamish.
On the 2001, I think both the red and white are metalic and the white is a bit more silverish.

As to the tubeless wheels, I think the 2001 wheels are chromed, have fewer spokes with more spacing between, and less grooving in the rim surface which might make them easier to maintain.  Hard work on the fingers to keep up with the 98 aluminum.

Significantly different computers.

Patrick Hayes
Fremont CA

The Chrome wheels started in 2002, as I still own the Red and Pearl white EV from 2001. It's the reverse color of the 98 but Pearl white instead of the creme color in 98. The 2002 EV also was the first EV with the Bassa tail light treatment. It was the last year before the hydro EV's. The original pic. at the top of this post is the 2001 EV. The 01 EV for sale for $2500 is a steal, and should be picked up if you're looking for one. My EV is currently in LA. with over 120,000 miles on it when the speedo quit. This bike is a real work horse as it has many many miles towing a camp trailer. Here is a pic. of my 01 EV.



Here's a pic of the 98 EV. You can see that the Colors are reversed.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2018, 07:52:08 PM by steveford »
Keeping the Guzzi Passion Alive
Steve Ford
Vancouver Wa.

100,000+ mile 2001 EV http://wildguzzi.com/Rallies/Photos/AZ/1.jpg
77,000+mile 2014 1400 Touring
https://photos.app.goo.gl/ClnTFjmDyPMS2RBB3

Offline Italianmotofest

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 48
    • Mid-Atlantic Italian Motorcycle Festival
  • Location: Shepherdstown, WV
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2018, 12:51:25 PM »

Jerry,

I stand corrected. The bike was on consignment and the owner just picked it up. Call the number I posted and ask for Mike. He can get you in contact with the owner. I have looked closely at this bike it really is clean.

Bill

Bill

Some might say that you are just too much.
Those are not your people!

Offline Italianmotofest

  • Hatchling
  • **
  • Posts: 48
    • Mid-Atlantic Italian Motorcycle Festival
  • Location: Shepherdstown, WV
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2018, 05:18:38 PM »

Jerry, PM sent to you.

Bill
Bill

Some might say that you are just too much.
Those are not your people!

Offline Jerryd

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1943
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2019, 12:37:56 PM »
So..., I guess to get a red and white/creme with the smaller computer and tubeless tires, the 2001 model year is the only choice?
Jerry
Florida

Offline rocker59

  • Global Moderator
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 24347
  • "diplomatico di moto"
  • Location: Aux Arcs
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2019, 01:02:53 PM »
So..., I guess to get a red and white/creme with the smaller computer and tubeless tires, the 2001 model year is the only choice?

Yes.  Red / Pearl white will be a 2001.

Yes.  1999-2004 will have the small computer.

Yes.  All California EV have tubeless spoked wheels.  1998-2001, aluminum.  2002-2004, chromed.

Michael T.
Aux Arcs de Akansea
2017 Triumph T100 Bonneville
"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." - Theodore Roosevelt

Offline Jerryd

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 1943
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2019, 06:18:42 PM »
Yes.  Red / Pearl white will be a 2001.

Yes.  1999-2004 will have the small computer.

Yes.  All California EV have tubeless spoked wheels.  1998-2001, aluminum.  2002-2004, chromed.

Thank's Michael for the great information.!

I cant figure out why they put tube tires on CalVin?
Jerry
Florida

Offline OldMojo

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 722
  • Career of Evil
  • Location: Dayton, OH
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #27 on: February 15, 2019, 03:10:02 PM »




Hey Rad,

What's the story on those throttle body covers? I don't believe I've ever seen any like those before.
"When you hit third gear, you'll forget everything she said"

'15 Griso 1200
'14 California Tour
'02 California EV
'80 CB 650C

Loop Tonti EV

  • Guest
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #28 on: February 15, 2019, 04:24:18 PM »
Hey Rad,

What's the story on those throttle body covers? I don't believe I've ever seen any like those before.

They were a MG accessory available fo the Cali models in the late 90s. I had a pair on my 95 1100I then put them on my 01 EV when I got it.

Offline kingoffleece

  • SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4626
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
  • Location: Valley of the Sun
Re: 1100EV
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2019, 06:20:03 AM »
I'd like to have tubeless spoke wheels for my 2001 Jackal.  The bike is fantastic otherwise-and plenty fantastic even with tubes.
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

 

20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here