Author Topic: Guzzi V7 III  (Read 22816 times)

Online Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #60 on: December 17, 2018, 03:39:23 PM »
So, we are now waiting for the mechanics 200 mile road test report before he is satisfied that it is safe for the new owner to ride. :wink:

You'll be waiting till spring lol.

They've already brined roads around here. Even once I get it home it's going to sit till after some spring rains before it gets any miles.
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline tasdisr

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 178
  • Location: SW Ohio
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #61 on: December 17, 2018, 04:15:58 PM »
Congratulations! Bike looks great!
2017 V9 Roamer

Online Cam3512

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 6802
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #62 on: December 17, 2018, 07:10:33 PM »
Smart man.  Ready made Christmas list!  I agonize every year,  WTF am I going to get her?
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Offline jas67

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5438
  • Location: Palmyra, PA
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #63 on: December 17, 2018, 08:04:00 PM »
Smart man.  Ready made Christmas list!  I agonize every year,  WTF am I going to get her?

You and me both!
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Online Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #64 on: December 17, 2018, 08:35:35 PM »
You know, and I'm just spit ballin' this here, but you could try just ASKING what your wives want for Xmas?!?

I'm just saying....
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline egschade

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1745
  • Eric S - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
  • Location: Northwest, NJ USA
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #65 on: December 17, 2018, 08:50:32 PM »
possible Dart (now why did I give away Jay's old Dart and then sell the Marlin oooppss).

I have a like-new Dart Classic shield but took the brackets to use on a Piranha. It's yours (hers) for shipping or freebie if you're heading north over the holidays.
The elder Eric in NJ

2016 V7 Stornello #394

Past Guzzis:
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark
1985 LeMans 1000
2020 V85TT Adventure
V65 SP
V7 III Stone
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni (yeah, I should have kept it)
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Offline s1120

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 2199
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #66 on: December 18, 2018, 05:56:11 AM »
You'll be waiting till spring lol.

They've already brined roads around here. Even once I get it home it's going to sit till after some spring rains before it gets any miles.

Im in the same boat...  Its going to be a long winter!!!! 
Paul B

Online Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #67 on: December 18, 2018, 06:14:04 AM »
Thanks Eric, I'll keep it in mind.

I wonder if someone makes one out of carbon fiber....hmmmmm.


Im in the same boat...  Its going to be a long winter!!!!

Ha ha yes, but just think HOW much sweeter spring is gonna be!   :cheesy: :drool: :cheesy:
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline egschade

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1745
  • Eric S - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
  • Location: Northwest, NJ USA
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #68 on: December 18, 2018, 06:19:54 AM »
You know, and I'm just spit ballin' this here, but you could try just ASKING what your wives want for Xmas?!?

I'm just saying....

I bought my wife new boots, a blouse, LL Bean slippers and scheduled a couple Christmas parties. She told me so just the other day...
The elder Eric in NJ

2016 V7 Stornello #394

Past Guzzis:
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark
1985 LeMans 1000
2020 V85TT Adventure
V65 SP
V7 III Stone
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni (yeah, I should have kept it)
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Offline twowheeladdict

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 6567
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #69 on: December 18, 2018, 06:32:37 AM »
You know, and I'm just spit ballin' this here, but you could try just ASKING what your wives want for Xmas?!?

I'm just saying....

If only it were that simple!  I am supposed to be observant and notice what she wants or needs.  After close to 40 years together  and downsizing , we have no room in the house, no more jewelry,  and we both buy ourselves things for our hobbies. 
2022 Moto Guzzi V85TT Guardia D'onore
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark #0009 of 1921
2018 Road Glide Special
2021 Kawasaki KLX300SM
2017 Suzuki Van Van 200
2015 Yamaha SR400
2009 Harley Davidson Softail Custom

Online Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #70 on: December 18, 2018, 06:51:36 AM »
If only it were that simple!  I am supposed to be observant and notice what she wants or needs.  After close to 40 years together  and downsizing , we have no room in the house, no more jewelry,  and we both buy ourselves things for our hobbies.

We give each other suggestions... and sometimes, once the kids are asleep, we pull out or phones and buy stuff for each other lol.

Since we share all our accounts and I do all the book keeping it's kinda hard for her to hide the Yeti charge or the Revzilla charge on the cards. She did tell me to stay off the Amazon order history for a while, which was a sweet gesture, but she forgot that stuff pops up in other social media via suggestions based on search history.

I told her to stay off the Banana Republic account and not to read the order/shipping emails lol.

It's all good, very low stress. We put most of the effort into the kids anyway.



Oh, and her family, don't get me started on her huge family - 7 siblings, 5 spouses, parents, even inlaws of inlaws.... we participate in a Polyanna, but that wasn't enough, they have to make everything a competition, so we also participate in a "Make a gift Polyanna" - yes, now we have to actually be creative and MAKE something.

Last year Jenn made her big-sis a Potting Table for her floral business - yup, the whole frigging thing - Seamus was running the screw gun for us (he had a blast).

A few years back when that same sister graduated from college Jenn made her a lamp - bought a stack of interesting books from a used book store, had me screw them all together one at a time hidden under the hard covers, then drill the stack to run a pipe and wiring, then bought some more pieces and wired up a book lamp. It's like Pintrest gone mad!

This year she bought an antique window, sanded it down, re-glazed the panes, now the fresh paint is drying as it sits on the kitchen table awaiting more antiquing and the spray coating to turn the panes into mirrors.

I just want someone to buy me a bottle of booze, but unless they grow the shyte themselves, ferment it and distill it, I don't think that's gonna happen!
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

bpreynolds

  • Guest
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #71 on: December 18, 2018, 07:24:29 AM »
We give each other suggestions... and sometimes, once the kids are asleep, we pull out or phones and buy stuff for each other lol.

Since we share all our accounts and I do all the book keeping it's kinda hard for her to hide the Yeti charge or the Revzilla charge on the cards. She did tell me to stay off the Amazon order history for a while, which was a sweet gesture, but she forgot that stuff pops up in other social media via suggestions based on search history.

I told her to stay off the Banana Republic account and not to read the order/shipping emails lol.

It's all good, very low stress. We put most of the effort into the kids anyway.



Oh, and her family, don't get me started on her huge family - 7 siblings, 5 spouses, parents, even inlaws of inlaws.... we participate in a Polyanna, but that wasn't enough, they have to make everything a competition, so we also participate in a "Make a gift Polyanna" - yes, now we have to actually be creative and MAKE something.

Last year Jenn made her big-sis a Potting Table for her floral business - yup, the whole frigging thing - Seamus was running the screw gun for us (he had a blast).

A few years back when that same sister graduated from college Jenn made her a lamp - bought a stack of interesting books from a used book store, had me screw them all together one at a time hidden under the hard covers, then drill the stack to run a pipe and wiring, then bought some more pieces and wired up a book lamp. It's like Pintrest gone mad!

This year she bought an antique window, sanded it down, re-glazed the panes, now the fresh paint is drying as it sits on the kitchen table awaiting more antiquing and the spray coating to turn the panes into mirrors.

I just want someone to buy me a bottle of booze, but unless they grow the shyte themselves, ferment it and distill it, I don't think that's gonna happen!

Very nice.  I like this post. 

Offline TimmyTheHog

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 935
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #72 on: December 18, 2018, 03:49:34 PM »

[snip]

Oh, and her family, don't get me started on her huge family - 7 siblings, 5 spouses, parents, even inlaws of inlaws....

[snip]

I just want someone to buy me a bottle of booze, but unless they grow the shyte themselves, ferment it and distill it, I don't think that's gonna happen!

My wife has a similar size family...every "regular" family dinner is like a big meeting, so I totally get you...

I learn to just participate when need to, phase into the background when not...lol...with booze in one hand and food in another :P
Life isn't WHAT IS at the end.
It is HOW and WHAT you are doing to get there.

03 Honda Shadow Spirit - The Purple Beast (SOLD)
15 Guzz V7 Stone - The Red Chick (SOLD)
18 BMW R1200GS Rallye - The Blue Streak (SOLD)

Currently Bikeless...*cry*

Online Cam3512

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 6802
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #73 on: December 18, 2018, 04:05:29 PM »
My wife has a similar size family...every "regular" family dinner is like a big meeting, so I totally get you...

I learn to just participate when need to, phase into the background when not...lol...with booze in one hand and food in another :P

Oh yea, alcohol is a must at large family events.  Always something dysfunctional at every one!
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Online Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #74 on: December 18, 2018, 04:58:05 PM »
That goes without saying.

Let's see I anticipate being stuck...uhh staying with everyone about 3 days.

Here's what I'm packing.

Think it's enough?!?




Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Online Cam3512

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • Posts: 6802
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #75 on: December 18, 2018, 05:14:14 PM »
Good choice.  Sipping Woodford as I type this.  Hence the edit...
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 05:16:16 PM by Cam3512 »
Cam in NJ
'67 Stornello Scrambler
'71 Ambo Police
'74 V7 Sport
‘20 V85TT

http://mgnocnj.forumotion.com

Online Bulldog9

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 3621
  • Location: NY'r resettled in the Old Dominion
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #76 on: December 18, 2018, 07:52:47 PM »
LOL

I need way more of the hard stuff...... ;-) Beer is for tolerable events.... lol

I've been a Bushmills/Tullamore Dew/Irish Mist guy (Just the whiskey neat, or an Irish version of a Rusty Nail) since I was 20, but after receiving a bottle of Pappy 20 as a gift a few years ago, have been leaning towards Bourbon. Bookers is my favorite, though I also like Four Roses, Michters, and of course Makers and Bulliet are great stand by's. Just picked up a new one today, "The Sexton" I'm a sucker for small batch Irish Whiskey (and packaging) the bottle is cooler than Blantons. Bottle reminds me of the Griso...........

I'm not much of a drinker, and usually never more than one a night (Irish genes allow substantial consumption), but when the house is invaded by 'other thans' I tend to start early and stay at a steady pace throughout the day ;-) AH, the inlaws and SWMBO's wayward friends..........

Great looking bike by the way Kev. From your description of your wife, she sounds like a great lady, you are a blessed man, and kudos for getting her some new wheels, even if you left a Griso on the showroom floor ;-) Look forard to seeing some ride reports in the spring.


That goes without saying.

Let's see I anticipate being stuck...uhh staying with everyone about 3 days.

Here's what I'm packing.

Think it's enough?!?




MGNOC#23231
The Living: 1976 Convert, 2007 GRiSO, 2012 Norge GT, 2016 Stornello #742, 2023 V85 TT
The Departed: 2017 MGX, 2014 Norge GT, 2004 Breva 750, 2008 1200 Sport
In Stasis: 1978 XS750, XS1100SF

Offline egschade

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 1745
  • Eric S - mgnocnj.forumotion.com
  • Location: Northwest, NJ USA
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #77 on: December 18, 2018, 08:41:17 PM »
My current potion is Basil Hayden's + Hudson Bay Baby bourbons. Someimes Kirk & Sweeny 18 yr old rum just to mix things up. Neat or on the rocks please...
The elder Eric in NJ

2016 V7 Stornello #394

Past Guzzis:
2018 V7 III Carbon Dark
1985 LeMans 1000
2020 V85TT Adventure
V65 SP
V7 III Stone
V50
Griso 1200SE Tenni (yeah, I should have kept it)
Breva 1100
EV Touring

Offline kingoffleece

  • SplitWeight(tm) seat covers
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 4640
  • Rated 5 STARS Motorcycle Consumer News
  • Location: Valley of the Sun
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #78 on: December 19, 2018, 05:08:56 AM »
There's NEVER enough Woodford's.  Just sayin.............. ...
SplitWeight(tm) seat covers. A King of Fleece LLC product.

Online Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #79 on: December 19, 2018, 06:42:43 AM »
LOL

I need way more of the hard stuff...... ;-) Beer is for tolerable events.... lol

I've been a Bushmills/Tullamore Dew/Irish Mist guy (Just the whiskey neat, or an Irish version of a Rusty Nail) since I was 20, but after receiving a bottle of Pappy 20 as a gift a few years ago, have been leaning towards Bourbon. Bookers is my favorite, though I also like Four Roses, Michters, and of course Makers and Bulliet are great stand by's. Just picked up a new one today, "The Sexton" I'm a sucker for small batch Irish Whiskey (and packaging) the bottle is cooler than Blantons. Bottle reminds me of the Griso...........

Dad was a Jameson man with a taste for Guinness. I got the latter, but never really took to Jameson.

Jenn's Irish grandmother (Gam Gam by nickname, from the movie BeerFest) was a Bushmills fan and sorta converted me to the "Protestant" stuff.

That said, by nature I'm more a tropical climate and rum drinker, though I can appreciate a decent Scotch, Whiskey, or Bourbon at the right times, especially in winter.


<snip>

Great looking bike by the way Kev. From your description of your wife, she sounds like a great lady, you are a blessed man, and kudos for getting her some new wheels, even if you left a Griso on the showroom floor ;-) Look forard to seeing some ride reports in the spring.

Ha ha, thanks, life is good.

I will be sure to report back, but I'm already looking forward to it for sure.

This bike is no Duc, but I think it looks like a natural fit for her. Hope she enjoys it:

Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline Joliet Jim

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 6249
  • Justus Esto, Et Non Metue
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #80 on: December 19, 2018, 07:12:04 AM »
ok the winter stockpile right now is Blantons, Yellowstone, Woodfords, Bourbons, Bulliet Rye, Sexton, Jameson, and the Knot, Irish. no i do not have a drinking problem, I have plenty to drink. Scotch Irish genealogy.

By the way nice bike ;)
1975 T160 Triumph Trident "Spot"
2002 Cali Stone "Moby Dick"
2003 Buell Blast "Pegasus"
Just memories
The Psycho Chicken
The Fire Demon
Thumper

Offline TimmyTheHog

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 935
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #81 on: December 19, 2018, 02:39:40 PM »
That goes without saying.

Let's see I anticipate being stuck...uhh staying with everyone about 3 days.

Here's what I'm packing.

Think it's enough?!?





I like my Asian Rice Wine or BaiJu :P

Beer are just chaser...

As off topic as we are, so what accessories are you going to put on Jenn's bike to make YOUR test ride feels better? LOL...
Life isn't WHAT IS at the end.
It is HOW and WHAT you are doing to get there.

03 Honda Shadow Spirit - The Purple Beast (SOLD)
15 Guzz V7 Stone - The Red Chick (SOLD)
18 BMW R1200GS Rallye - The Blue Streak (SOLD)

Currently Bikeless...*cry*

Online Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #82 on: December 19, 2018, 05:51:11 PM »
I like my Asian Rice Wine or BaiJu :P

Beer are just chaser...

As off topic as we are, so what accessories are you going to put on Jenn's bike to make YOUR test ride feels better? LOL...

While we're at it how about some Korean Soju?


Took the fam out for dinner this evening, found this:



Hmm, maybe you missed it a page back, currently thinking:

Right now the accessory list is looking small:

HB topcase rack
Sato racing sliders
Probably centerstand (for even easier valve adjustments, though I could always just use the roller insert on the lift)
possible Dart

Unless you didn't miss it and you're literally asking about what I'll put on for me? Well, I'm under the impression my Corbin from the Stone should swap over quickly when desired.  :angel:
« Last Edit: December 19, 2018, 05:51:39 PM by Kev m »
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

Offline jas67

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 5438
  • Location: Palmyra, PA
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #83 on: December 19, 2018, 06:32:40 PM »

I will be sure to report back, but I'm already looking forward to it for sure.

This bike is no Duc, but I think it looks like a natural fit for her. Hope she enjoys it...

After having had an R65 as one of her first bikes, she's sort of come full circle back to her roots.
2017 V7III Special
1977 Le Mans
1974 Eldorado
2017 Triumph Thruxton R
2013 Ducati Monster 796, 2013 848 Evo Corse SE, 1974 750GT, 1970 Mk3d 450 Desmo, 1966 Monza 250
1975 Moto Morini 3 1/2
2007 Vespa GTS250
2016 BMW R1200RS, 80 R100S, 76 R90S ,73 R75/5
76 Honda CB400F, 67 305 Super Hawk, 68 CL175

Offline TimmyTheHog

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 935
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #84 on: December 19, 2018, 07:39:49 PM »
While we're at it how about some Korean Soju?


Took the fam out for dinner this evening, found this:



[snip...]

Unless you didn't miss it and you're literally asking about what I'll put on for me? Well, I'm under the impression my Corbin from the Stone should swap over quickly when desired.  :angel:

LOL awesome choice...

and yes, you got it  :tongue:
Life isn't WHAT IS at the end.
It is HOW and WHAT you are doing to get there.

03 Honda Shadow Spirit - The Purple Beast (SOLD)
15 Guzz V7 Stone - The Red Chick (SOLD)
18 BMW R1200GS Rallye - The Blue Streak (SOLD)

Currently Bikeless...*cry*

Offline DaSwami

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 539
  • Location: NW Montana
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #85 on: December 20, 2018, 08:48:18 PM »
I spy a Milano!!

Online Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2018, 08:51:31 PM »
I spy a Milano!!

Yeah they had almost one of everything.

That Milano is a great looking bike!
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

bpreynolds

  • Guest
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #87 on: December 21, 2018, 08:28:04 AM »
My evening last night working on a fixer upper CB500F in the heated, insulated garage with rain on the roof, Wilco on the speaker, Double Wood, very cozy. 




Just keep going back and looking at this little Goose you just bought.  So nice.  Love those tank stripes and no offense to the Fortress crowd but I think the red covers look better on the III.

Offline JACoH

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 218
  • Location: Pacific Northwet
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #88 on: December 21, 2018, 12:15:40 PM »
Kev, be careful putting that Corbin saddle on the new III, I had to cut a square out of the seat pan above the air filter to keep it from smashing it and the fuse. 

Online Kev m

  • Not your normal Hombre
  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 31433
  • Yo from Medford, NJ
Re: Guzzi V7 III
« Reply #89 on: December 21, 2018, 01:11:14 PM »
Kev, be careful putting that Corbin saddle on the new III, I had to cut a square out of the seat pan above the air filter to keep it from smashing it and the fuse.

Thanks! I'll be on the lookout for that!  :thumb:
Current Fleet

18 Guzzi V7III Carbon Dark
13 Guzzi V7 Stone
11 Duc M696

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here