Author Topic: 3 more transmission questions  (Read 1027 times)

Offline amamet

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 914
3 more transmission questions
« on: May 23, 2020, 02:08:14 PM »
first off:
1- what the heck is this?  left over extra material? it fell out of the shift drum as I was installing the rod. its about 5mmx1.5mm






2- im rebuild 1 transmission from 2 for my eldorado, one transmission is from the eldorado one from a g5.  the shift drums are opposite each other.  if I use the g5 drum will my shift now be reversed? (gp shift)

3- should I use the later shift return mechanism or the original



Online Antietam Classic Cycle

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 15177
  • Happily stuck in the past.
    • Antietam Classic Cycle
  • Location: Rohrersville, Maryland
Re: 3 more transmission questions
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2020, 03:39:42 PM »
1. Maybe left over from punching/machining the shift drum and never cleaned out. I'd guess where the neutral bump goes into the drum.

2. Original shift pattern was "reverse"/"GP", the G5 drum will make it "normal".

3. Use the later shift selector.
Charlie

Offline amamet

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 914
Re: 3 more transmission questions
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2020, 05:43:08 PM »
thx Charlie :) I may just keep it gp style. ive always liked that on my ducati 750gt

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here