Wildguzzi.com
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Donation Status
News:
Visit the Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Store
Home
Help
Donations
Advertise
Login
Register
Wildguzzi.com
»
General Category
»
General Discussion
(Moderators:
rocker59
,
Luaps Girl
,
Ncdan
) »
Can I remove the speedometer housing on my 83 Cal II
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: Can I remove the speedometer housing on my 83 Cal II (Read 991 times)
T4halo
Gosling
Posts: 195
Location: Irish Hills, MI
Can I remove the speedometer housing on my 83 Cal II
«
on:
July 15, 2020, 09:38:24 PM »
I have a small leak from my speedometer housing. Can I remove the housing? I know on my Ambassador there is a small bearing that falls out if you pull the housing. The gasket needs to be replaced.
Thanks, T4
Logged
7th & 10th SF retired
Antietam Classic Cycle
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 15177
Happily stuck in the past.
Location: Rohrersville, Maryland
Re: Can I remove the speedometer housing on my 83 Cal II
«
Reply #1 on:
July 15, 2020, 10:19:37 PM »
There's no gasket. What could drop down is a hardened thrust washer. If you carefully remove the housing while pushing down on the shaft in the center, you can avoid this. A little sealer on the threads of the housing should cure the leak.
Logged
Charlie
T4halo
Gosling
Posts: 195
Location: Irish Hills, MI
Re: Can I remove the speedometer housing on my 83 Cal II
«
Reply #2 on:
July 16, 2020, 07:34:57 AM »
Thanks Charlie.
Tony
Logged
7th & 10th SF retired
Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
Wildguzzi.com
»
General Category
»
General Discussion
(Moderators:
rocker59
,
Luaps Girl
,
Ncdan
) »
Can I remove the speedometer housing on my 83 Cal II
Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here