Visit the Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Store
Once you stuffed all that inside the tire were you able to balance it?
And maybe it is just me always being paranoid but I have always used two rubber strips on my rims- don't weigh much extra and I have seen the strips get pushed a bit out of place by inept (that would be me) tire installation.
I did have two strips on the rim. I found the leak in the first tube - it looks as though it was the sharp edge of one of the spoke screws, probably helped by low pressure and a hefty bump from a pothole or washboard. We live and learn (slowly, though but!).Nick
Well Done!!I have had protruding spokes wear through a tube, I now run a thick rubber sealing tape, looks like electricians tape but much, much thicker around the laced rim and then a rubber rim band.Maybe I have rocks in my head but I wonder if anyone has stuffed a tire with small pebbles / sand?