Author Topic: V65 airbox - pipe test...  (Read 1880 times)

Offline chrisk

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 144
V65 airbox - pipe test...
« on: April 20, 2016, 05:51:26 AM »
Hi, just checking - the yellow marked pipe goes to the sump and the red is just an overflow right?


« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 06:02:51 AM by chrisk »

Offline chrisk

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 144
Re: V65 airbox - pipe test...$100 reward
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 02:41:28 AM »
Come on, someone must know... :-)
I lied about the $100...

LaMojo

  • Guest
Re: V65 airbox - pipe test...
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2016, 08:28:44 AM »
The air box looks very similar to the one on my 1984 V65C,  but the small hose arrangements are very close as being in the same positions.  I would say you are correct  in what you have labeled. 

Offline guzzisteve

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 13017
  • "Just Ride It"
Re: V65 airbox - pipe test...
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2016, 08:39:10 AM »
Dripage from crankcase venting comes out into the yellow lines, red one is for pressure to escape. I got rid of the boxes and used K&N's w/V65TT collector up by steering head. Well, at least I answered.
"Pray through Carlo & your bike shall be healed"
Location: Planet Earth

Offline chrisk

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 144
Re: V65 airbox - pipe test...
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2016, 11:55:09 AM »
Well I'm probably gonna do that at some stage...

Did you change the jetting ? Did it run ok?

Offline v65tt

  • Gosling
  • ***
  • Posts: 142
    • Streffords
  • Location: UK / GB
Re: V65 airbox - pipe test...
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2016, 02:24:13 PM »
Dripage from crankcase venting comes out into the yellow lines, red one is for pressure to escape. I got rid of the boxes and used K&N's w/V65TT collector up by steering head. Well, at least I answered.

I got rid of all the plumbing, and collector box on my TT, blocked the sump return with a bolt and crush washer.  Connected the two rockerbox out lets to a y barb and ran 10mm hose to rear of the bike.  Works really well and its worrying how much mayo it spits out!
Iain

1984 V7 TT ( 2015 v7 stone powered TT )
1986 V65TT
2016 SWM SILVER VASE 440
1974 HONDA XL250 MOTOSPORT

http://www.streffords.net

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here