Author Topic: Need ID of EV/Jackal upper fork tubes  (Read 2453 times)

Offline rodekyll

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 21218
  • Not my real name
Need ID of EV/Jackal upper fork tubes
« on: June 19, 2016, 05:05:17 PM »
Title says it -- if someone has a bare upper tube for an EV/Jackal (late model Tont = 45mm outside?) lying about, could you measure the inside diameter for me?  Thank you kindly!

(edited for typo)
« Last Edit: June 19, 2016, 05:06:06 PM by rodekyll »

Online John A

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 5420
  • No way to slow down...
  • Location: Hager city ,western WI
Re: Need ID of EV/Jackal upper fork tubes
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2016, 08:44:29 PM »
FOTOGUZZI GO OUT AND MEASURE THE ID OF THAT SPARE SET OF TUBES.!,! I may want to buy them, let's talk
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Online John A

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 5420
  • No way to slow down...
  • Location: Hager city ,western WI
Re: Need ID of EV/Jackal upper fork tubes
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2016, 06:58:35 AM »
Brad probly doesn't have the plugs out or the lower legs off. He told me he had a set off an EV, I may buy them for another project I have in mind.
John
MGNOC L-471
It is easier to fool people than it is to convince them that they have been fooled-Mark Twain
99 Bassa, sidecar
02 Stone
84 V65C
15 F3S Spyder

Offline stEVe

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 683
  • speed safe!
Re: Need ID of EV/Jackal upper fork tubes
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2016, 07:06:54 AM »
I've got a set for sale. They are attached to my 98 EV. New seals a while back. 86,000 miles or so on the bike. Cosmetically not the best but mechanically sound and you can drive it anywhere!. $2,000. It's listed on the classifieds on this site.
Steve Parendo

98 HD&M EV- mine
01 Jackal     - Luanne's
07 Norge    - mine
08 Goldwing - Luanne's
08 Cal Vintage- mine
ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILI NIAKSKYMDMIMNMSMOMT NENVNMNYNCNDOHOKORP ASCSDTNTXUTVAWAWVWI WYsm

Offline fotoguzzi

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • *
  • Posts: 20021
  • vee git tooh soon oldt und too late wise -my Dad
Re: Need ID of EV/Jackal upper fork tubes
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2016, 07:50:10 AM »
FOTOGUZZI GO OUT AND MEASURE THE ID OF THAT SPARE SET OF TUBES.!,! I may want to buy them, let's talk
I'll take apart tonight and get the measurement.
MINNEAPOLIS, MN

Orange Guzzi

  • Guest
Re: Need ID of EV/Jackal upper fork tubes
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2016, 08:53:19 AM »
I replaced my upper tubes with a set from a Bassa.  I now have compression and rebound dampening.  Direct replacement.  Along with seals and teflon coated bushngs.  Good luck finding  donor pair though.  I do have the oem Jackle set with after market compression dampers, YSS brand.

Offline rodekyll

  • Gaggle Hero
  • *****
  • Posts: 21218
  • Not my real name
Re: Need ID of EV/Jackal upper fork tubes
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2016, 01:07:56 PM »
I'm trying to find out how close the ID of a jackal/EV tube is to the OD of various leading link forks that I know are too small a tube to fit my trees.  If they fit the forks, perhaps with heat and presswork, I could slide them up the tubes and weld them in place.

 

Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here