Wildguzzi.com
Welcome,
Guest
. Please
login
or
register
.
1 Hour
1 Day
1 Week
1 Month
Forever
Login with username, password and session length
Donation Status
News:
Visit the Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Store
Home
Help
Donations
Advertise
Login
Register
Wildguzzi.com
»
General Category
»
General Discussion
(Moderators:
rocker59
,
Luaps Girl
,
Ncdan
) »
fuel tank rattle
« previous
next »
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Down
Author
Topic: fuel tank rattle (Read 1545 times)
gearman
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 2924
fuel tank rattle
«
on:
November 08, 2016, 03:49:25 PM »
I finally studied why my converts tanks all rattled. The whole concept of holding 30 pounds of mass with a rubber bungee that stretches 2 inches with 23 pounds of force is a joke. The bottom of my tank has wear points on it from the bouncing. When it was full it bounced less, but still a horrible design. I made a real hold down that eliminates all bouncing. I can't believe I have fought this problem for 20 years on all my converts.
Logged
yogidozer
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 2920
Re: fuel tank rattle
«
Reply #1 on:
November 09, 2016, 08:34:43 AM »
I saw your previous post, and advised to remove the tank and look for rub/wear spots. Many manufactures use that bungee system. Even when held tight, I think a rubber/foam cushion is a good idea.
Logged
gearman
Gaggle Hero
Posts: 2924
Re: fuel tank rattle
«
Reply #2 on:
November 09, 2016, 08:56:53 AM »
I still have the rubber cushions, but don't use the bungee to hold the tank tight against. I did the math and the bungee on the guzzis are not reliable.
Logged
thomas
Hatchling
Posts: 67
Re: fuel tank rattle
«
Reply #3 on:
November 09, 2016, 11:28:52 AM »
Good design!
Funnily enough I've never had that problem on my two SP1000's (same frame & tank) or on my two 850 LeManses (same frame, different tank).
Logged
Guzzi riders represent the ragged fringe of motorcycling!
1980 Guzzi SP1000 & 1979 Guzzi 850 LeMans II
1969 Honda CB750 Four & 1971 CB750 Four & 1977 Seeley CB750F
1996 Yamaha YZF750SP
1983 Bimota KB-3
1966 Ducati 50 SL/1
1938 Miele 98cc & 1955? Miele 50cc
Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here
Print
Pages: [
1
]
Go Up
« previous
next »
Wildguzzi.com
»
General Category
»
General Discussion
(Moderators:
rocker59
,
Luaps Girl
,
Ncdan
) »
fuel tank rattle
Check out the official Wildguzzi Amazon Affiliate Storefront.
Proceeds go back into the forum.
If you need to buy it anyway, use the affiliate link to help the forum.
Advertise Here