Recent Posts

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: What's your favorite helmet and why?
« Last post by Snowman on May 20, 2024, 04:35:40 PM »
After 20+ years with Arai, I switched to a Schuberth C5 looking for something lighter and quieter, I am happy with it. They are not cheap admittedly, but nor is the ER.
General Discussion / Re: No dash lights, then engine died
« Last post by blackcat on May 20, 2024, 04:11:25 PM »
I can’t imagine it would fail so quickly but you might have a loose connection.
« Last post by Groover on May 20, 2024, 04:01:03 PM »
I replaced the switch with a new one not too long ago (a few months maybe), maybe it failed, not sure - I'll definitely take a better look. I agree, not particularly at ease with it all of a sudden working...
General Discussion / Re: Colorado/Utah Western Adventure NAR
« Last post by tntut1 on May 20, 2024, 03:52:18 PM »
Hey Alan,

Thanks for taking the time to plan another ride.  I am good with either location, although we did Ouray last time, so a new destination is appealing.   

Either way I look forward to riding with you and the other Guzzi Guys in September.

Chris. 
« Last post by faffi on May 20, 2024, 03:28:03 PM »
"Oh, and one more thing; I will only use helmets featuring double D-rings. One would think these are the cheapest way of locking the strap, but at least in Norway you can only find them on costly helmets. Every low- to midrange priced helmet have some form og a quick-lock."

Is there something inferior about a quick lock strap?

Safety, but that is not a real argument, even though only double D-rings are allowed in racing. But for me, the most important reason is that they take less room and are less likely to cause discomfort that many quick-locks cause by pressing against the neck/Adam's apple. The second reason is that they offer infinite adjust-ability, allowing me to get the exact tension I want every time, weather I wear a scarf or nothing.
« Last post by blackcat on May 20, 2024, 03:02:42 PM »
"Oh, and one more thing; I will only use helmets featuring double D-rings. One would think these are the cheapest way of locking the strap, but at least in Norway you can only find them on costly helmets. Every low- to midrange priced helmet have some form og a quick-lock."

Is there something inferior about a quick lock strap?
« Last post by faffi on May 20, 2024, 02:53:59 PM »
When younger, just about any helmet seemed to fit. Tommy, Bieffe, Nolan, Römer, all good for comfort. But things have become more difficult for the past 25-30 years or so. In general, virtually every helmet is too narrow on the sides, and on top of my head, and too wide at the bottom. The former cause pain, the latter noise.

Shoei: Pure torture. I tested helmets two weeks ago, starting with a Skorpion, which was a little too narrow on the top of my skull. The sales person threw helmets on me, and I had no clue what brands. Helmet number six or seven, I just had to get it off instantly, as it was so painful, and I said the the clerk - this feels like a Shoei! And he replied; Funny you should say that, because it is a Shoei.

Arai: Decent, but only the cheapest version in the shop. I wanted one of the costlier ones, but while not as bad as a Shoei, they went in that direction. While the helmet fitted fine in the shop, after an hour on the road I got instant pain around my temples in particular. As this never improved, I used my thumb to permanently compress the hard foam to give me more room until the helmet became pain free. I am aware that it is less safe, but riding in pain is not safe, either.

AGV: These have been very good apart from lacking support over the forehead. I have since learned I can add foam to prevent the helmet from dropping down in the front. Like Arai, the majority of AGV helmets are narrow enough at the bottom and wide - and round - enough on top. My next helmet will again be an AGV.

Oh, and one more thing; I will only use helmets featuring double D-rings. One would think these are the cheapest way of locking the strap, but at least in Norway you can only find them on costly helmets. Every low- to midrange priced helmet have some form og a quick-lock.

« Last post by blackcat on May 20, 2024, 02:43:46 PM »
Deferring to John's point about the switch, have you replaced the original switch? The reason I ask is because I'm always suspicious when a bike fixes itself with no input from something I did to the bike.
General Discussion / Re: Colorado/Utah Western Adventure NAR
« Last post by michaell32 on May 20, 2024, 02:32:29 PM »
I don't know Colorado well but whatever is chosen, I'll be there.
General Discussion / Re: v50 clutch question
« Last post by smdl on May 20, 2024, 01:41:33 PM »
Sorry to revive an old thread, but I'm interested in whether or not any effective solutions were found.  My wife finds that her hand gets tired/sore after riding her V7 III all day, and I'd really like to find a way to reduce the clutch effort.  She's also got a lowered V85, and loves the clutch on that, but she really feels that the V7 is the right bike for her from a size/layout perspective.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Shaun
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10
***Wildguzzi Official Logo High Quality 5 Color Window Decals Back In Stock***
Shipping in USA Only. Awesome quality. Back by popular demand. All proceeds go back into the forum.
Best quality vinyl available today. Easy application.
Advertise Here