Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
General Discussion / Re: Unadilla MX & Norge crash damage after...
« Last post by n3303j on Today at 06:38:40 PM »
UPDATE:

Ins co for the driver who pulled out in front of me determined liability to be theirs, 100%. Interesting that they determined this WITHOUT an accident report, their party must've told the truth and it meshed with my story. [SNIP]
The fact that you are not filing for bodily injury or rehabilitation services probably made the insurance company glad for a quick settlement. I'm sure part of the deal includes your signature freeing them from any further financial responsibility.

Went through a similar situation when the car driving party pulled out in front of my Ural from a parking lot. Check was quicker and larger than I expected. (Stop was quicker too. TG for protective gear)
General Discussion / Re: Longer Travel Rear Suspension On A Smallblock
« Last post by faffi on Today at 06:03:48 PM »
Trying to bring this back to life.

I know that the U-joints have been an issue on Guzzis since they first began using U-joints, with the small block apparently being worse off than the big block family. It is said that the swingarm need to sit in a straight line with the output shaft as much as possible, and wheel travel is best limited to save the U-joint.

Now, this is what I do not get: BMW have been delivering 125 mm / 5 inches of rear wheel travel since the late 1960s. They also have very short swingarms, which means more work/angle for the U-joint. Yet they have no history that I am familiar with when it comes to U-joint failures.

So my naive conclusion is that the issue with Guzzi must be the quality of the U-joint, not using a U-joint by itself. What say the panel of resident experts? Is there a better U-joint that can be used? I have read, decades ago, that people have used U-joints from Fiats as well as tractors, that supposedly were both stronger and much cheaper.
General Discussion / Re: first road trip new V7 Special . . .
« Last post by Kev m on Today at 05:27:39 PM »
Our V7III is currently the biggest bike in the fleet.

All road trips are taken on it or the Heron Head Stone (with Jenn on the Monster).
General Discussion / Re: Engine missing strokes
« Last post by Vagrant on Today at 04:44:46 PM »
The rubber cap that goes onto the spark plug screws onto the plug wire. Some units of that vintage were just pushed onto the wire. Make sure it's screwed on.
General Discussion / Re: Unadilla MX & Norge crash damage after...
« Last post by blackbuell on Today at 04:39:53 PM »
I have a very nice 2007 for sale if you are interested in replacing it. Only $2700, 35,000 miles. Lots of spare parts
General Discussion / first road trip new V7 Special . . .
« Last post by eljayski on Today at 04:16:09 PM »
starts tomorrow!

heading from Loveland CO to Camp Verde AZ via the Grand Canyon; return Thur 9/26

bought the bike in early May (2023 NOS) and have been waiting for the stars and the weather to align to head west

love the challenge of man and old-school bike against the road and the elements

probably a one-off ride for the V7 . . . in the future, I'm pretty sure my Mandello will get the nod for longish rides, but this weekend is the V7's chance to shine!

thanks for reading!
General Discussion / Re: Guzzi Riders on Long Island
« Last post by guzzisteve on Today at 03:36:53 PM »
Sweet looking place, keep the farms going!! 
General Discussion / Re: Throttle Body Balancing
« Last post by Pescatore on Today at 02:45:19 PM »
This video by Peter Roper was extremely helpful to me:   https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BDshMp-bM_0
 It doesn't talk about the "tail chasing" discussed here, but it gave me more confidence to get setup Guzzidiag, etc.

I think I found the link in a post in this forum, may have been from Huzo.  Apologies for not giving proper mention, but to Mr. Roper  :bow:
General Discussion / Re: NorgeGT seat
« Last post by theoneandonlymin on Today at 02:15:33 PM »
Excellent news, there should be a few seat bases around then.
Bish bash bosh £55 including postage, 1200 sport seat
Cheers
General Discussion / Re: September Georgia Moto Guzzi campout
« Last post by Wayne Orwig on Today at 01:04:55 PM »
They're everywhere.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
20 Ounce Stainless Steel Double Insulated Tumbler
Buy a quality tumbler and support the forum at the same time!
Better than a YETI! BPA and Lead free.
Advertise Here